Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Greenone

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 19, 2005
I haven't checked into MacRumors or other Apple gossip in a year or two. After brief googling I didn't see an answer/guess so I'm asking here in hopes my question doesn't annoy anyone too badly! : - /

I'm up for an upgrade but won't be buying a new iphone (I have the 4s now) until the screen size is larger (not just taller!!!).

Any guesses as to when they might come out with a wider screen? Are they still thinking Fall for 5s? I might have read late in year for 5s. I guess the next one won't be an improvement screen wise. Maybe the one after that?

Thanks!

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
I'm up for an upgrade but won't be buying a new iphone (I have the 4s now) until the screen size is larger (not just taller!!!).

Then you're definitely not buying one for another year at least, if not the next 2-3 years.

Tankmaze

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2012
All rumors of 5S points to the same design as the iphone 5.
So any redesign or screen change would likely to happen in the next iphone or 2014 the earliest.

ross1998

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2013
I think apple will keep 4 inh screen for the 6 and 6s too, because if rumors are true then they wanna replace the 4s with the low cost iPhone so their whole lineup would be 4 inch

Greenone

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 19, 2005
Thanks everyone. Damn...that really sucks. I can wait I guess. I love the 4s so I'll just have to be patient!

Greenone

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 19, 2005
Yeah I just find both the 3.5 and the 4" to feel confining. My eyes are fine for the most part but after seeing the Galaxies and such, I don't know why I'd want such a small screen. I also have older people in my life I'd like to show things to on the iphone and they can't see well enough on the 3.5. I don't think a half-inch is enough of an improvement on a screen that was already too small.

atlatnesiti

Suspended
Sep 4, 2008
Sydney, Australia
Apple hasn't released anything new this year and introducing yet another repackaged "S" iPhone will do nothing good to their already struggling shares and upset shareholders. For that reason alone, I suspect that Apple will go against predictable "S" cycle this year and introduce redesigned iPhone 6 instead that will feature long awaited and way overdue bigger screen format.

3rd Rock

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2012
Over here
Apple hasn't released anything new this year and introducing yet another repackaged "S" iPhone will do nothing good to their already struggling shares and upset shareholders. For that reason alone, I suspect that Apple will go against predictable "S" cycle this year and introduce redesigned iPhone 6 instead that will feature long awaited and way overdue bigger screen format.

Ya, right...Keep dreaming. S is in production. Get used to it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.