Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zelliott7234

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 7, 2011
I have an iPod touch 3G on firmware(s) 3.1.3 - 4.3.3 (I test out things on different firmwares) and it doesn't go into landscape mode unless it's an automatic landscape app (i.e. YouTube, Angry Birds etc.). How can I fix this? I heard somewhere that the ball inside that tells it if it's in landscape mode might be stuck:

Sometimes, you just need to reset the device by turning it off completely and turning it on. Worst case, your ball inside that tells if it is in landscape mode is stuck.
Source(s):
Apple Technician
// http://yhoo.it/mjgmko

Also; if I send it into Apple do all of my SHSH blobs stay? Because I have the following SHSH's:

4.2b3
4.3b1
4.3b2
4.3b3

I think I want to KEEP those SHSH's.

Thanks in advance!!

someone28624

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2007
Buffalo
Dumb suggestion maybe, but have you double checked to make sure the orientation lock isn't on? When on a home screen, double click the home button. A bar of running apps will show up at the bottom. Slide to the right (to see the frame to the left) and make sure you just see a round arrow, not a round arrow with a lock symbol inside.

zelliott7234

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 7, 2011
Dumb suggestion maybe, but have you double checked to make sure the orientation lock isn't on? When on a home screen, double click the home button. A bar of running apps will show up at the bottom. Slide to the right (to see the frame to the left) and make sure you just see a round arrow, not a round arrow with a lock symbol inside.

Haha, I've already tried that. I think most people would've assumed that it wasn't on. But thanks anyway for replying. Does anyone else have a suggestion?

craighton

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2009
Seattle, Washington
When you go into landscape mode give it a shake to let the sensor orient itself. If that doesn't work then I think maybe your gyroscope or some other sensor is broken and may need to be replace.

Which I don't think it can be replaced so you're stuck getting a new iPod Touch.

palmharbor

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2007
SAme problem

When you go into landscape mode give it a shake to let the sensor orient itself. If that doesn't work then I think maybe your gyroscope or some other sensor is broken and may need to be replace.

Which I don't think it can be replaced so you're stuck getting a new iPod Touch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.