Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PlatinuM195

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2009
About to order but I've read that the old neo-hybrid bumpers don't fit 3rd party lightning cables. That would be really annoying.

Nostalgia

macrumors member
Feb 13, 2013
nothing yet guys? hasn´t anyone recieved it? if anyone has please post some pics and a quick pros&cons if possible! thanks

NovemberWhiskey

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2009
I ordered on Wednesday I believe. It shipped out on Friday ("left carrier facility on Thursday").

Estimates delivery by next Friday.

Originated in Anaheim, went to Los Angeles sorting facility, and is going back to a city close to Anaheim for delivery (haha, love the efficiency).

I used standard shipping (not prime).

Autokon

macrumors 6502
Jan 21, 2008
CA
Same shipping issues you guys had..."shipped" on Wed, did nothing for 3 days, then actually shipped Friday. Luckily, I live in So Cal...so mine is out for delivery this very moment.

DPena14

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2013
Same shipping issues you guys had..."shipped" on Wed, did nothing for 3 days, then actually shipped Friday. Luckily, I live in So Cal...so mine is out for delivery this very moment.

Nice! Can you please post pics when you get it??

RichardC300

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2012
The suspense is killing me!

This case has so much potential. I hope it lives up to my expectations.

karebare518

macrumors member
Mar 21, 2008
I've had the case for a couple days now. Ordered it from amazon and only took 2 days to arrive to California.

The case fits perfect. I have Zagg side and an icarbons back and the case still fits fine. Buttons are pretty responsive. Only negative so far is the back gets really dirty from anything it touches. And it's pretty hard to clean off. Going to give it another week to see if it won't bother me too much.

nrbsk

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2013
I've had the case for a couple days now. Ordered it from amazon and only took 2 days to arrive to California.

The case fits perfect. I have Zagg side and an icarbons back and the case still fits fine. Buttons are pretty responsive. Only negative so far is the back gets really dirty from anything it touches. And it's pretty hard to clean off. Going to give it another week to see if it won't bother me too much.

Pics please

Autokon

macrumors 6502
Jan 21, 2008
CA
Here are some pics without my iPhone 5 in it... Having had it on my iPhone 5 for an hour or so, The fit is perfect! It feels fantastic in the hand...and the buttons are epic. One hour impressions are great so far!

Update with a few observations:

1. The TPU is slightly thinner than I expected, not good or bad since the plastic band around it keeps the fit nice and snug..just something I noticed.

2. VERY low profile! I'm used to the Pixelskin HD, and this is half as thin as that.

3. I got the metal slate color, for those wondering. $21 bucks off Amazon.

dmkfiWN.jpg

inYBc0C.jpg

GRbR1Qr.jpg

REEjBFI.jpg

njglrbe.jpg

Last edited:

MarkCooz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2009
California
Here are some pics without my iPhone 5 in it... Having had it on my iPhone 5 for an hour or so, The fit is perfect! It feels fantastic in the hand...and the buttons are epic. One hour impressions are great so far!

1. The TPU is slightly thinner than I expected, not good or bad since the plastic band around it keeps the fit nice and snug..just something I noticed.

2. VERY low profile! I'm used to the Pixelskin HD, and this is half as thin as that.

Hey man thanks for the pics! Was wondering if you could possibly tell me if the Amazon Basics Lightning cable fit? Also if L Shaped headphones will fit without forcing it in?

Thanks!

Autokon

macrumors 6502
Jan 21, 2008
CA
Hey man thanks for the pics! Was wondering if you could possibly tell me if the Amazon Basics Lightning cable fit? Also if L Shaped headphones will fit without forcing it in?

Thanks!

No prob on the pics! L shaped headphones fit fine... I cant test out the amazon lightning cables since I dont own a pair. However, I'm leaning towards saying the cutout is quite forgiving and it should be fine. The official cable even leaves room on each side still..so as long as its not a ton wider than that, you should be fine.

Kisey

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2010

How is the quality of the plastic frame? Do you think the frame is easily breakable in the part above the lightning port/below home button?

Eckscaliber

macrumors 6502a
May 30, 2012
Nice pics. I'm currently using the Slim Armor case (Metal Slate) and I'm soon going to be getting either this Neo Hybrid, or the soon to be released Tough Armor.

Autokon

macrumors 6502
Jan 21, 2008
CA
How is the quality of the plastic frame? Do you think the frame is easily breakable in the part above the lightning port/below home button?

The frame feels quite nice, a good quality polycarb plastic. The TPU portion of the case has an indentation where the frame sits in, thus helping really give the case once installed a VERY sturdy feel to it. I'm very impressed by the feel of it once installed. The frame actually ads a bit of a lip and lay on table design to the case as well...so its a bit thicker than you can really see than in the pics.

Nostalgia

macrumors member
Feb 13, 2013

Hey, thanks for the pics and opinions on it!

I have one question, how is the texture on it? is it easy to slide in and out of your pocket?

ps: is there anyway you could take pics with the phone in the case?

cheers

Autokon

macrumors 6502
Jan 21, 2008
CA
Hey, thanks for the pics and opinions on it!

I have one question, how is the texture on it? is it easy to slide in and out of your pocket?

ps: is there anyway you could take pics with the phone in the case?

cheers

It's matte finish TPU, wont pick up any lint or anything. Comes in and out of pocket easily. No worries there. Took some quick additional pics with my iPad Mini.

mkrPUco.jpg

VAjkTfn.jpg

R27eSRv.jpg

GpdrLq1.jpg

Last edited:

Nostalgia

macrumors member
Feb 13, 2013
It's matte finish TPU, wont pick up any lint or anything. Comes in and out of pocket easily. No worries there. Took some quick additional pics with my iPad Mini. And for those wondering, I'm using a glass style screen protector perfectly fine...no issues there (It's one from http://www.empirecase.com, its the same thing as Spigen's .4 glass..) I wouldn't expect any issues from a plastic style screen protector either.

dang that looks sexy, thank you so much for the help !

RichardC300

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2012
Ok. I'm coming from a speck candyshell. But I really like this case. Is it similar ?

Mine hasn't come in yet, but I do have experience with the CandyShell and various TPU cases.

The CandyShell has a rubber lip, which is tacky and catches on things and seems to rub off (i.e. eraser effect). The plastic also scratches easily. I'm just pointing out the cons, but I feel like the CandyShell isn't a bad case.

The Neo Hybrid, from what I've read, is noticeably thinner than the CandyShell. It's made of TPU, which is slick but not slippery and will not catch on anything. It also will not be scratched easily. I can't speak for the polycarbonate frame yet, but if it's like the slim armor's back piece, it may be prone to scratches.

snarestud940

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2012
Mine hasn't come in yet, but I do have experience with the CandyShell and various TPU cases.

The CandyShell has a rubber lip, which is tacky and catches on things and seems to rub off (i.e. eraser effect). The plastic also scratches easily. I'm just pointing out the cons, but I feel like the CandyShell isn't a bad case.

The Neo Hybrid, from what I've read, is noticeably thinner than the CandyShell. It's made of TPU, which is slick but not slippery and will not catch on anything. It also will not be scratched easily. I can't speak for the polycarbonate frame yet, but if it's like the slim armor's back piece, it may be prone to scratches.

Great! Can u post a review once u get it? Thanks again for your time!

RichardC300

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2012
Great! Can u post a review once u get it? Thanks again for your time!

I'll be sure to write up my thoughts on the case in this thread once I get it. Unfortunately, that won't be until this Friday at the earliest or next week, because I just ordered the case tonight.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.