Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AcesHigh87

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 11, 2009
New Brunswick, Canada
I got my 7th Gen iPod nano a little before Christmas and it has been running great for the past two months. Unfortunately the other day it fell out of my pocket and landed on the corner of the screen, shattering the glass immediately. I'll admit I should have put it in a case / not in my pocket but that's a detail for later.

My question is: Does the base 1-year warranty cover screen replacements? The nearest apple store is over 4 hours away but we do have a jump+ (basically the same, just not as fancy) which is authorized for apple repairs so I'm going to bring it there. I just want to know if I'll be stuck paying for new glass or if it'll be covered.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
lol, mishandling is not covered in normal warranty. You will have to pay.:apple:

AcesHigh87

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 11, 2009
New Brunswick, Canada
Yeah, I figured that was the case but I was hoping haha. Anyone have an idea of how much? They said they don't normally repair them at jump+ (annoying since they put all other apple repair places in the city out of business) but I can call tomorrow and ask their tech about ordering the part. I just want to know what kind of price point I can expect.

For that matter, what kind of safety precautions do people suggest to avoid this happening again?

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Yeah, I figured that was the case but I was hoping haha. Anyone have an idea of how much? They said they don't normally repair them at jump+ (annoying since they put all other apple repair places in the city out of business) but I can call tomorrow and ask their tech about ordering the part. I just want to know what kind of price point I can expect.

For that matter, what kind of safety precautions do people suggest to avoid this happening again?

Look at the iFix it repair guide and see if you can even do it. I know I couldn't even if I wanted to.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
I would ask the store how much it is to fix. I think it's $50, but you should ask them.

And to avoid this, I'd get a rubberized case.

I wouldn't bother trying to fix this. iFixIt says you need to use a hot air gun, and bunch of voodoo to fix it.

AcesHigh87

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 11, 2009
New Brunswick, Canada
I would ask the store how much it is to fix. I think it's $50, but you should ask them.

I wouldn't bother trying to fix this. iFixIt says you need to use a hot air gun, and bunch of voodoo to fix it.

Had to send it into apple to get them to replace it, $96 <_<

oliveripley

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2013
Hi there I can't help you with the warranty prob but I'm looking for a broke. One myself my son has damaged his Santa iPod and I've been trying for ever to find a damaged one if you or anyone can help me thank you

oliveripley

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2013
iPod nano 7th generation

Hi guys and galls I'm needing some help I bought my son iPod nano 7th gen at Christmas €150 odd plus €50 product Care cover but of course he didn't just break it he lost it to . If anyone has a broken one it would be much appreciated as even with it broken I paid extra to cover me breakin. It is alot of money to loose out on for me thanks

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Hi guys and galls I'm needing some help I bought my son iPod nano 7th gen at Christmas €150 odd plus €50 product Care cover but of course he didn't just break it he lost it to . If anyone has a broken one it would be much appreciated as even with it broken I paid extra to cover me breakin. It is alot of money to loose out on for me thanks

You can't just bring in any iPod, it HAS to match the serial.

IPod Kid

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2014

Its 80 dollars, I dropped mine too :apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.