Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pdjudd

macrumors 601
Jun 19, 2007
Plymouth, MN
The warnings come from the bible and Hollywood... I think Apple may exist all over this galaxy.

Please cite where the Bible explicitly talks about cyborgs. I don't want inferences based on modern interpretations, I want actual solid and direct references that cannot be explained by anything else.

Also please note that Hollywood is an entertainment venture and not a valid predictor of much.

DisMyMac

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2009
Please cite where the Bible explicitly talks about cyborgs. I don't want inferences based on modern interpretations, I want actual solid and direct references that cannot be explained by anything else.

Revelation 13:16-17
16 And he causes all, the small and the great, and the rich and the poor, and the free men and the slaves, to be given a mark on their right hand or on their forehead,
17 and he provides that no one will be able to buy or to sell, except the one who has the a mark, either the name of the beast or the number of his name.

A 'cyborg' is anyone who relies on their iPhone or Google Goggles.

Perhaps Genesis's "knowledge of good and evil" is a misunderstanding of "right and wrong" or "true and false" - meaning science.

So it's about technology, nothing to do with morality. Eve really was framed.

Also please note that Hollywood is an entertainment venture and not a valid predictor of much.

Well the heads of major studios and writers back in the 50s all said it was their duty to tell stories about space so that people became aware of their future. Many of them had great knowledge about mysticism and esoteric philosophy. There was L. Ron Hubbard, for example, the New York Times bestselling author. Steven Spielberg and Stanley Kubrick- both Jewish directors. Then there were scientists like Isaac Asimov and Arthur C. Clarke who worked with those guys. (Asimov hated Hubbard, actually, but that's an aside...)

Ste Nova

macrumors 6502
Jan 20, 2012
LL22, UK
May not disturb you but most will not like it. I think a law requiring a "red flashing light" on all glasses to warn people that they are being recorded would be a great idea.

You might have given up your privacy in your country but we Americans are fighting to keep ours!:mad:

I take 2 or 3 cameras everywhere I go I film and photo anything I want

pdjudd

macrumors 601
Jun 19, 2007
Plymouth, MN

That is not an explicit reference. That is an abstract reference that is based on your interpretation. I asked for an explicit reference. That is one where there is no doubt they are talking about what a cyborg is.

Here is the definition for your reference:

[URL="http://www.thefreedictionary.com/cyborg"]Cite.

That's not the definition you provided. So where is this definition explicitly (no abstractions) referenced?

You might find my request challenging since the concept post dates the bible by several centuries. The basic idea didn't exist until around WW2.

DisMyMac

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2009
That is not an explicit reference. That is an abstract reference that is based on your interpretation. I asked for an explicit reference. That is one where there is no doubt they are talking about what a cyborg is.

Here is the definition for your reference:

Cite.

That's not the definition you provided. So where is this definition explicitly (no abstractions) referenced?

It's as if you're saying "explicit" means "abstract" - and that "13:16-17" isn't a reference. You are utterly mad.

You might find my request challenging since the concept post dates the bible by several centuries. The basic idea didn't exist until around WW2.

To an earthling like you...

pdjudd

macrumors 601
Jun 19, 2007
Plymouth, MN
It's as if you're saying "explicit" means "abstract" - and that "13:16-17" isn't a reference. You are utterly mad.
No I am not. Nowhere in that reference is there anything that a reasonable person could interpret as an explicit reference to cybernetics per my definition I provided. And I specifically differentiated "explicit" and "abstract" as opposites - which they are!

To an earthling like you...

Oh so I am the mad one... Sure...

DisMyMac

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2009
No I am not. Nowhere in that reference is there anything that a reasonable person could interpret as an explicit reference to cybernetics per my definition I provided.

My definition is simply our technological identity. That goes for facebook, the world's banking system, or any avatar we trade for our soul. Armageddon will be the destruction of our online identity, some say... Not one shot will be fired, but we will all suddenly be dead. Watch this video and see if it opens your mind a little: http://vimeo.com/40644829

There is so much happening today in Iran, the spread of communism in South/Central America.... Be ready!!!

pdjudd

macrumors 601
Jun 19, 2007
Plymouth, MN
My definition is simply our technological identity.

I didn't ask for your definition though. If we go by your own standards, anything could be a reference. I cited the standard recognized by everyone else. If you cannot meet the standard, you are going to have to back down on your claim. I don't think you will actually do that though since you have yet to attempt to actually address my claim at all.

The rest of your statements have nothing to do with anything. If you don't want to address my challenge, stop making outlandish statements.

DisMyMac

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2009
I encourage everyone here to scroll back and judge on their own who communicates and who doesn't, who stupidly generalizes and needs a good dictionary, and most of all- who really cares for the fate of this planet in avoiding the cataclysms unleashed by Steve Jobs. Thank you.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.