Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

yahoosports.png
Yahoo has updated the iOS app for its incredible popular Fantasy Football product for the 2013 NFL season with mobile drafting, a much-requested feature. Before, fantasy team owners were required to use a full-sized computer to conduct a fantasy draft, while now players will be able to draft from wherever they are.
Today, the Yahoo! Fantasy Sports mobile team is proud to share some news. We're launching the 2013 Fantasy Sports app for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Android smartphones, with a new design and lots of great new features. Front and center is what you've all been asking for -- mobile drafting!

As a Yahoo! Fantasy Sports Football manager, you can now sign up, draft a team and win your league championship wherever you are.
yahoosports.jpg
Players can follow their team with live scoring, roster management, breaking news, message boards and more. Other new additions to the app for this year include notifications and mock drafts.

The 2013 NFL season opens Thursday, September 5 with the Baltimore Ravens playing the Broncos in Denver.

Yahoo! Fantasy Football is a free download for the iPhone and iPad. [Direct Link]

Article Link: Yahoo Updates Fantasy Football iOS App With Mobile Drafting

Johnny Vegas

macrumors member
Jul 7, 2011
If it is anything like the last few Yahoo fantasy football apps, you might want to have a computer on standby.

sp3k0psv3t

macrumors regular
Jun 3, 2013
Miami, FL
[url=http://images.macrumors.com/im/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png]Image[/url]

Yahoo has updated the iOS app for its incredible popular Fantasy Football product for the 2013 NFL season with mobile drafting, a much-requested feature. Before, fantasy team owners were required to use a full-sized computer to conduct a fantasy draft, while now players will be able to draft from wherever they are.
Players can follow their team with live scoring, roster management, breaking news, message boards and more. Other new additions to the app for this year include notifications and mock drafts.

The 2013 NFL season opens Thursday, September 5 with the Baltimore Ravens playing the Broncos in Denver.

Yahoo! Fantasy Football is a free download for the iPhone and iPad. [Direct Link]

Article Link: Yahoo Updates Fantasy Football iOS App With Mobile Drafting

Still not better sadly then the ESPN app but a good start and a needed improvement

whistler222

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2007
Why is anybody doing anything sports-related on yahoo anyway?

Have you played FF on yahoo? it's the best one available..
I like the fractional points (no ties), and CBS seems clunky to me..

i've not used NFL.com's FF interface though..

Finally, mobile drafting!

m2nal

macrumors newbie
May 14, 2009

absolutely....ESPN and CBS FF in no way compare to Yahoo's FF setup.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
ESPN's app looks way better than this.

Why is anybody doing anything sports-related on yahoo anyway?
Because as far as sports (and in particular fantasy sports) are concerned, Yahoo! is actually in the lead.

b0r3dguy

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2010
Ontario, CA

My league used to be on Yahoo a few years ago...but we switched over to FleaFlicker.com and never looked back. FleaFlicker has so many more customization options and they just recently revamped their website and mobile version of their site. Check it out! :)

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
Yahoo's FF is legit, but the mobile apps have all been hit or miss (except the iPad's.....that app is absolutely glorious).

Glad to see mobile drafting in this year's app! Though I'll likely still head down to the B-Dubs with my laptop and draft with the group :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.