Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ManicMarc

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2012
Do Apple have a higher concentration of stores in the US? I wonder if you break it down by country if there is a correlation?
In the UK for example you can find them in large cities or towns, but in the US they seemed to be everywhere! Can't say I saw one on my recent trip to Gothenburg, Sweden, but then again I did see a lot of people with iPhones (using them, taking photos etc). A Apple store is not only a showroom for explaining the products to people, it's also a point of contact and human face.

Apple Stores are a great feature that no competitor can currently match, not long ago I dropped my iPhone in dried mud (or more accurately, was greeted by an enthusiastic dog that has just been swimming in a muddy river!) - my phone got caked, and I couldn't get it all out of the speakers. Took it to an Apple Store and they cleaned it out of the speakers for me - if that had been a Samsung I would still be stuck with a phone full of mud :)

Mikey86uk

macrumors 6502a
Jul 3, 2010
England
What's stale is your trolling. Also, reports indicate that HTC One will be obsolete before you know it. And goodluck updating your OS, as we all know, "An'Droid doesn't'" do updates often. And what's compatible for one phone, with Android, IS NOT necessarily compatible with another phone. Fragmentation and lack of support. Here is an example you'll love. Research it before you comment:

Nova 3, one of the most impressive game ever, is incompatible with the Galaxy S4!!! What the hell is anybody supposed to do with THAT ecosystem?? Buy one phone and cross your fingers and hope that the app you want is compatible with the latest Android phone!!! No Thank you!!! I'll stick with a coherent system. You're welcome!

Really. i have an opinion, and im trolling?

grow up.

why did you have to make it into another android vs iPhone battle?

I like both phones, but for me the iPhone became stale.

ManicMarc

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2012
How is the HTC one less stale than the iPhone 5? Serious question. I've used both, and while I love the HTC One's look, I don't think it could be called groundbreaking - it's more of the same, right?

Mikey86uk

macrumors 6502a
Jul 3, 2010
England
How is the HTC one less stale than the iPhone 5? Serious question. I've used both, and while I love the HTC One's look, I don't think it could be called groundbreaking - it's more of the same, right?

I personally can't say the HTC One is stale as its my first android device.

But having had the iPhone since the 3G and in terms of appearance, it hasn't changed......much.

I wasnt saying iPhone's are bad phones or anything like that.

Obviously some people are very sensitive when it comes to iPhones.

ManicMarc

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2012
I personally can't say the HTC One is stale as its my first android device.

But having had the iPhone since the 3G and in terms of appearance, it hasn't changed......much.

I wasnt saying iPhone's are bad phones or anything like that.

Obviously some people are very sensitive when it comes to iPhones.

Right... so the HTC is simply novel to you, fair enough. I switch to HTC after my 3GS, and regretted it after about 4 months. Small things, like the messaging app would hang because I had too many messages, whereas Apple code for that scenario. I couldn't find any headphones that let me skip tracks while running, and it just got slow in general.

But anyway... each to their own and I'm sure you will enjoy it. I don't think Apple should be redesigning their phones/OS every year because some people get bored. Android has only changed so much because of how awful it was to start with (it was after all, originally aimed to rival Windows Mobile and Blackberry, touch was an afterthought) - I can't see Google radically redesigning the OS, not until the inevitable merge with ChromeOS happens, at least.

R.Stoychev

macrumors 6502a
Dec 23, 2012
Because of the prices in some of the countries :D Most of the people lease the phone and other apple products :)

AlanFord

macrumors regular
Feb 26, 2011
Cro
To expensive.

Even when its subsidized its 300 euros (16gb) plus 50 euros per month on a plan.
Back in days when i bought iphone 4 prices were a little normal, 150 euros on 35 euros plan per month. Dont know why but with 4s, and 5 prices just got higher and higher.
Most EU countries do have free smartphone (even htc, samsung ect) options for some kind of 40-50 euro plan, but mine dont.

I know for most i4 is outdated but it suits me just fine :)
When it drop dead bye bye apple.

Or I start playing lottery

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.