Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rockitdog

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 25, 2013
My kids have taken over my iPad but I just noticed that tonight that the App Store app had the number 17 showing on the badge app. So I went do update all of the apps and even though it shows I have 17 updates to run, when I go into update nothing happens. The screen is blank. Any ideas what is happening?
eqyhu5y2.jpg

Conan86

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2012
Singapore
happening to me too. did several troubleshooting but all doesn't seem to work. might be server side issue.. the following was what I've done but did not solve the issue:

1. Restart App Store (closed all apps from multitask bar)
2. Power + Home button restart
3. Sign out of App Store, logged in with several accounts (of different countries)

Gonna wait and see if it will self resolve after a while

mrtune

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2007
This is happening on my ipad 2.

Restart don't work. Reset didn't work. Closing out the app in multitask tray didn't work.

I'll give it a few more days. I suspect it's an apple server issue as well.

identity

macrumors 6502
Nov 18, 2011
hold down home and power until the apple logo shows on a black screen, then it will restart, and should fix the problem.

That doesn't work for me. I tried that yesterday but still the same problem. I thought it might have something to do with some of my jailbroken apps but after uninstalling them, the problem still exists so it's not cydia related.

smg30

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2010
Minneapolis
Having same problem with updates on iPad 2

I'm having the same problem updating apps on my iPad 2. Badge shows updates available but AppStore screen doesn't show the apps to update. Tried restart, reset but doesn't change. As a work around, if you know what apps have an update, you can search the store for the app and it will let you update from there. I'm assuming this is an Apple thing at the moment. My iPhone 5 updates fine.

tom123

macrumors regular
Apr 9, 2006
Ohio
Apple server

It's happening to too many people, so must be on the server side.

I wonder if Apple Employees work on the weekends.
Or is it like 40 hours a week like the rest of us.

Donia330i

macrumors regular
Jan 24, 2013
Happening to me too! iPad 2 as well. I was able to update my apps by connecting to my Mac and updating that way. I wonder what's going on.

mrstefani

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2011
Macomb, Michigan
I've had this issue for the last several days. i can only update apps while plugged into computer via USB cable and syncing. Need a fix for this, plugging into computer daily is not convenient.

bowlerman625

macrumors 68020
Jun 17, 2009
Chicago, IL area
I spoke to Apple tonight about this. It's an issue that has been going on since the Weekend. The rep said Apple is working on a solution other than the manual process of updating the apps one at a time manually.

raccoonboy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
That doesn't work for me. I tried that yesterday but still the same problem. I thought it might have something to do with some of my jailbroken apps but after uninstalling them, the problem still exists so it's not cydia related.

Never a good idea to do a soft reset just because of that. Better to relaunch the app by closing it in the multitasks.

RedOrchestra

Suspended
Aug 13, 2012
Well, if still isn't working - go to Purchased, it'll show updates and you'll be able to update from there!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.