Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

firestarter

macrumors 603
Dec 31, 2002
Green and pleasant land
The ONLY thing I said was "actually, mini has stereo speakers as well".. at which point flamestarter chastised me
That reasonable non-fanboy ish response in full:

Umm. No. try Google.
The phrase would be: "iPad mini stereo speakers"
Nice try though...

Anyway... I'm pleased you now accept the iPad isn't proper stereo, unlike the Nexus... so let's leave it at that.

Renzatic

Suspended
You may think he's starting a flame war but he's right. Two speakers side-by-side does not equal stereo. By definition there must be some separation. And frankly, saying that you have the option to connect to separate stationary speakers defeats the purpose of having the mobility of a tablet.

This is true, but faux stereo aside, there are advantages to having two speakers set on opposite ends of a tablet. One of the things I don't like about watching movies on my iPad, besides being a little too quiet, is that it sounds like it's only coming out of one side of the thing. With two speakers, it would make it seem like the sound is coming "from" the iPad directly, rather than being lopsided like it currently is.

In my opinion, the Nexus 10 currently has the best speaker setup of any tablet out on the market right now. Two speakers on the left and right side of the screen, facing towards you. I hope Apple does something similar with the iPad 5.

egoistaxx9

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2013
if the device had a smaller body(and smaller bezels) i would have immediately preordered the device.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.