Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jim Campbell

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2006
A World of my Own; UK
If you're experiencing unresolvable issues with Illustrator but everything else is working for you then you only have to pay $19.99 per month. How is that more expensive than buying CS7?

My last Design Standard upgrade cost £350. A single application subscription will cost me £18/mo, so in 20 months I will have paid more for the privilege of having Illustrator keep working and the hope of bug fixes than I would have spent upgrading three applications under the old licensing scheme.

There is no way to spin this that doesn't work out as a very bad deal for me.

----------

Read Jim, I wrote "among them" and "many" not "all".

And you have no evidence to back up this claim, you're merely applying a slur to people who are complaining. Why, as I mentioned in my previous post, would any pirates be complaining? CC has been hacked already, so the pirates will just keep using it for free, the same as they always have.

You don't, Adobe promised it will go on fixing box of the old CS6 programs.

I don't believe them. Some of these bugs are over a year old and remain unaddressed. Now that Adobe have an active incentive to push people onto the new model, I'm supposed to believe that they'll be more diligent in fixing unaddressed bugs than they have been for the last year? Oh, please…

In that context becoming member of CC is a win-win for you in my point of view.

Except for the part where it costs me a lot more money than the old model, you mean?

anim8or

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2006
Scotland, UK
You're also talking about video rendering - not photoshop. I was talking about photoshop. Nuff said?

My point was to use my Professional usage of the adobe apps, specifically After Effects, to demonstrate that not all professionals upgrade on a WANT basis over a NEED basis as you stated in your original post.

airdrop

Cancelled
Oct 1, 2011
Seriously... making text bold and using caps lock on doesn't it make it more accurate, you forget that professional's would be able to pay small amount of money each month.

But by all means, burn your copies of CS6, and you don't have to buy CC you know. Pure hate.... is exaggeration your middle name?

If you can't afford 15 usd / month what would make me convince you could spend several hundreds to buy the program to begin with? Just saying... :apple:

How old are you ? probably your mum doing lunch at the moment ...
HATE? - yes, totally hate from my side to adobe!

15 USD ? that would be perfect ... at the moment it's almost 90 EURO / 120 USD ... so yes, it's overpriced! and yes, I will not buy again adobe products, will be stealing instead ...

EOT ...

dragje

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2012
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
HATE? - yes, totally hate from my side to adobe!

Fan of Darth Vader by any chance?

15 USD ? that would be perfect ... at the moment it's almost 90 EURO / 120 USD ... so yes, it's overpriced!

Hardly, and that's even an understatement. The cost of using Adobe products don't even get close to what I earn making products with it.

and yes, I will not buy again adobe products, will be stealing instead ... EOT ...

Good for you, you might even end up earning more then 90 euro that enables you to actually buy a license. I wish you all the best.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.