Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chrisaster

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 17, 2013
Will ios7 ever move away from the auto arrange icon layout?

As you can tell I would prefer placing my icons where I'd like them to be around my home screen according to the app and background image

Why isn't this feature added?

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
Will ios7 ever move away from the auto arrange icon layout?

As you can tell I would prefer placing my icons where I'd like them to be around my home screen according to the app and background image

Why isn't this feature added?

Doesn't look like iOS 7 will because it's not possible.

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
Well that's not true at all. This has been possible for years, with simple jailbreak tweaks.

I meant that as in it's a feature currently in the beta so you can't do it. I know it's possible, but you can't do it in the beta because it's not a feature Apple included.

BHP41

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2010
United States of America
I agree.

Everyone would just end up with ugly, unorganised home screens.

I can see why people would want it. I'm jailbroken and have paid for GridLock2. I have two pages on my iPhone with 161 apps. Main page for everyday apps. 2nd page for apps that have a use, but not so much that they need placed on the main page or out of a folder. For some, they like to have only a certain amount of icons with numerous pages. That's cool, I understand. I'm just more about functionality and ease of use.

I would much rather see a scrolling dock than GridLock. That's some thing that I do use and will miss when I go to 7.

TheRainKing

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2012
And? People should be able to organise there icons how they like.

Sure, if you want to be ethical about it.

But it's better for iOS if it keeps it's clean and professional look instead of looking like another Android OS.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.