Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

In line with hints and rumors from earlier today, Apple has just pushed out a fourth beta version of iOS 7 to developers for testing purposes. The update is arriving as both an over-the-air update to existing beta testers and through the iOS Dev Center.

ios_7_beta_4.jpg
As expected, the new beta arrives as build 11A4435d. Apple has also released Xcode 5 Developer Preview 4 and a third beta of the Apple TV software under development.

The three-week interval between the third and fourth betas is longer than the two-week intervals seen for earlier for betas of iOS 7, although Apple typically stretches out seeding intervals somewhat as it proceeds through development.

Apple's Developer Center was also taken offline for eight days following a security breach, an issue that may also have contributed to Apple extending the interval between beta releases.

iOS 7 is scheduled for release in the fall of this year, with updates to Apple's iPhone and iPad lineups expected around the same time. If past history is any indication, iOS 7 should be made available to the public just a few days before the launch of the next-generation iPhone.

Direct links for paid members of Apple's iOS developer program:

- iPad (4th generation Model A1458)
- iPad (4th generation Model A1459)
- iPad (4th generation Model A1460)
- iPad mini (Model A1432)
- iPad mini (Model A1454)
- iPad mini (Model A1455)
- iPad Wi-Fi (3rd generation)
- iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (model for ATT)
- iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (model for Verizon)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi (Rev A)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G (GSM)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G (CDMA)
- iPhone 5 (Model A1428)
- iPhone 5 (Model A1429)
- iPhone 4S
- iPhone 4 (GSM Rev A)
- iPhone 4 (GSM)
- iPhone 4 (CDMA)
- iPod touch (5th generation)

Article Link: Apple Seeds iOS 7 Beta 4 to Developers

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
ill be damned just as i leave the house ... of course

edit: praying that they reversed the slide to unlock design back to what it was on beta 2 and the font as well

geerlingguy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2003
St. Louis, USA
Unfortunately, it's not showing for me when I got to the updates section of Settings yet. Hopefully we're to the point where Apple is fixing little interface quirks, like icons jittering a tiny bit when going to/from the home screen. Beta 3 has been running like a champ for me, and there are very few problems I've noticed.

Tubamajuba

macrumors 68020
Jun 8, 2011
here
Three week intervals are fine by me. I'd rather have more bugs fixed in each subsequent beta than to simply have more betas. Quality over quantity!

TheKrs1

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2010
iPhone 5 OTA update seen here. I forgot the size (282MB sounds right)?

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    77.8 KB · Views: 271
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.