Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Volkan1984

macrumors member
Feb 7, 2013
I actually like iTunes 11. The way the album is presented, it never stalls on my computers (though they have 8GB/ 8GB/ 16GB of RAM).. No problem whatsoever. I don't get what is so bad about it.

typeadam

macrumors regular
May 16, 2010
I like what iTunes can do for me but there is something flawed with it.
I will have Photoshop and Illustrator open and working with huge files and those apps just breeze through their tasks. iTunes takes ages just to switch screens/views.
There are also functions I wish iTunes had (eg: removing all dead links) and others I can't think of...
Meh... whatever though.. I rarely use it to play music and I sync over WiFi so i never even have to look at the thing..

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
I've gotten used to it, but am often surprised by what it does... Like recently it blew up some music I had on one of my macs, and now there are copies of most of my playlists. Some seem to be exact copies, and some are from the re-import of the tunes due to the iTunes database rebuild. It's fun... NOT!

Oh, and resynching my idevices is fun too as the database has changed, so there is no record of what device had what playlist synched to it. Well, some I had named playlists for the device, but others I hadn't. Frustrating isn't the word...

Is there a way to tell what playlist an idevice was synched to in the case of a database rebuild? Some way to tell on the idevice before it is synched?

mdehoogh

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2012
Can anyone offer an explanation on why this happens? Some albums list the artist underneath each track while other albums by the same artist do not. I have clicked get info on each track from both these albums and they all have the same number of fields entered. I could understand the difference if one album had extra info entered in a field but as it stands, I cannot find any difference.

5flvNOq.png

Partron22

macrumors 68030
Apr 13, 2011
Yes
are they ever going to put cover flow back in? sucks not having it
They didn't even increase the allowed size for mini-player window in 11.0.3->11.0.4, so we're still stuck with a 400X400-pixel max display size for cover art.

rocsteady

macrumors newbie
Dec 1, 2012
Tacoma, Wa
I also hate itunes 11, I just made the switch and it sucks. I have a very big library and 80% of the time when I search for an album it freezes and shuts down. I have to restart iTunes almost every time, never had this problem with the older iTunes! :mad:

JotaPe

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2013
Some help please.

I have the late 2012 3TB fusion iMac and a 3TB TimeCapsule with 68000 songs sitting in iTunes. Every 12 hours or so I check my preferences and it has moved my library back to the iMac fusion drive.

It means having to reset preferences over and over again..

Any ideas would be gratefully received. thanks.

kdochert

macrumors member
Apr 6, 2013
It just doesnt work!

Loved iTunes 10, worked perfect.......hate iTunes 11, it just doesn't work....

Heres a list if issues:

1) Several TV programs dissappeared, had to re-download them from the store
2) Movie artwork now all different sizes, looks amatuer
3) TV artwork keeps dissappearing, amatuerish
4) When pausing tv prgrams for more than a few minutes, problems on restarting play
5) ITunes lost track of what episodes had been watched and which were unwatched....very annoying, especially as manually updating this info didn't work either....
6) When editing episode numbers the list displayed doesn't update it's order accordingly.........but when you open another episode to edit u see it has opened a different episode to what u clicked on....grrr
7) Automatic downloads have been and on and off affair....grrr
8) the list goes on

Notice none of the above are about the new crap layout, my gripes are about the fact it just doesn't work functionally.

This is the first time I've questioned purchasing apple products and media......

ThemacNub

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2010
Australia
Is anyone else having trouble getting their view settings to save? When ever I reopen iTunes my optioned columns and sizes are saved however the defaults return. For example checked and iCloud download always return and on podcasts release date returns. Does anyone know a way to fix this?

palmharbor

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2007
23,000???????

Having used iTunes 11 for a bit, I thought I'd come here and find dozens of threads trashing it. Truth be told, I was hoping to get the opportunity to join in the venting and to pick up some ticks.

Anyway, I am not seeing those threads, so I am forced to create one.

Am I the only one who hates the way that the interface has been dumbed down?

I have a pretty large music library, something over 23,000 songs, and the amount of data to browse through and sort by was really useful.

Now I find that the app is really designed to be browsed like a jukebox full of covers, and accessing the amount of data I used to seems pretty challenging. When I see, for instance, that I have a song both in the cloud and locally being offered in my local library, I have to jump through little hoops to see which is higher resolution etc.

Am I missing something or has 11 brought us iTunes for Dummies? Or am I the dummy who just doesn't know how to use the app yet, and really it's brilliant?

HELP
library, you might want to seek out different software.

Mr. McMac

Suspended
Dec 21, 2009
Far away from liberals
Luckily I kept 10.7 on my PC. I like the song list view with the album art in the lower left hand corner. Plus, I like the search function much better than iTunes 11.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    263.7 KB · Views: 100

bluespark

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2009
Chicago
Luckily I kept 10.7 on my PC. I like the song list view with the album art in the lower left hand corner. Plus, I like the search function much better than iTunes 11.

I liked certain ideas from iTunes 11, but I have become convinced that if you put 10.7 and 11 side-by-side, 10.7 would look like the upgraded version.

This suggests that Apple may have forgotten how to write software.

xangria

macrumors newbie
Jul 22, 2013
My only real frustration is not being able to have multiple genres listed as tags. I know that I can do that in the comments section, but I shouldn't have to. It should be available as part of genres.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.