Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Showtime has updated its Showtime Anytime app to include live streaming of the main Showtime channels -- both the East Coast and West Coast versions. Previously, the app allowed on-demand streaming of most of Showtime's TV series', movies, and 'after hours' programming.

With the change, iPhone and iPad users will be able to watch live broadcasts of movies that aren't eligible for streaming, first-run episodes of Showtime's television shows, as well as live sporting events like boxing.

showtimelive.jpg
Get unlimited on-demand access to full seasons of award-winning SHOWTIME Original Series, Hit Movies, Sports, Comedy and much more. With new titles added each week, there's always something great to watch. PLUS, now you can watch what's currently airing live on SHOWTIME, and easily switch between the SHOWTIME East and SHOWTIME West channels. So no matter where you are, you never have to miss your favorites!
The app does require authentication with a supported U.S. TV provider -- currently AT&T U-Verse, Comcast XFINITY, DIRECTV, Optimum and Verizon FiOS.

Showtime Anytime is a free download for iPhone and iPad users. [Direct Link]

Article Link: 'Showtime Anytime' Adds Live Streaming of Showtime East and West Channels

PDFierro

macrumors 68040
Sep 8, 2009
People still watch Showtime?

Of course. Why wouldn't they?

I think it's a great addition. Of course I might still prefer to watch on the TV, but it's awesome to have that option. I use Showtime Anytime pretty much daily.

tritian

macrumors member
Jul 19, 2008
Too bad that this app only supports 5 television providers:

UVerse
DirecTV
Optimum
FIOS
XFinity

So it doesn't matter how many features they add if I cant use it.

DotCom2

macrumors 603
Feb 22, 2009
AWESOME!
I love Ray Donovan and Homeland!
Now if they would just fix the volume issue.
It's too low on the iPad 3 even at the highest setting.
But glad to see they are making improvements to the user experience!

TsMkLg068426

macrumors 65816
Mar 31, 2009
Sigh, still no way to log on with Charter Communications just like HBO Go on Apple TV typical of Charter Communications a backwards cables company.

jim.arrows

macrumors regular
Dec 11, 2006
Apple TV

Hopefully they'll be the next App added to Apple TV since it appears Apple is in no hurry to open it to third-party developers...

PDFierro

macrumors 68040
Sep 8, 2009
Next step offer online service only (without Cable subscription) PLEASE

I would like that. I have the cable subscription, but if HBO and Showtime could charge for just online access then that would be a winner.

Just tested out the live TV feature. Works pretty good.

macrumors 603
Jan 8, 2009
Time Warner unsurprisingly missing from that list ...Sigh.

Yup. As my Rochester, NY home only allows TWC as "the" cable provider, U-Verse, FiOS and others based in Buffalo have to skip Monroe County. Satellite providers get around it. My TWC bill is TWICE that of my NYC bill for the same plan since there's no digital cable competition, and most don't like Dish or DirectTV. Nice deal with the politicians.

PsychoLogicXen

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2011
Orange County, CA
Yup. As my Rochester, NY home only allows TWC as "the" cable provider, U-Verse, FiOS and others based in Buffalo have to skip Monroe County. Satellite providers get around it. My TWC bill is TWICE that of my NYC bill for the same plan since there's no digital cable competition, and most don't like Dish or DirectTV. Nice deal with the politicians.

All too familiar! I'm a Niagara Falls native myself, and have been told the same by others I know from the Rochester area. Such a joke.

malexandria

Suspended
Mar 25, 2009
Apple TV?

When is Apple going to open up Apple TV? This app along with Amazon and other video apps should be available on my Apple TV. I don't give a crap about streaming video on my iPhone or iPad.

castlerock

macrumors member
Feb 10, 2009
TWC still loyal to TWX...

Even though TimeWarner Cable (TWC) was spun off several years ago from its parent company TimeWarner (TWX) one might think this is a business decision motivated in part by loyalty to the former corporate parent (i.e. HBO is owned by TWX, SHO by CBS so it's the competition...)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.