Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

An official website promoting the upcoming Steve Jobs movie starring Ashton Kutcher launched earlier this week, featuring a number of short video clips and reviews. Open Road Films has also released a new featurette today, which offers commentary on the filming of "JOBS" along with new clips from the movie.

As part of a social media blitz, Ashton Kutcher has explained why he took the role, shared his thoughts on Jobs, and outlined the work that he put into becoming Steve Jobs multiple times, sharing information in an answer on Quora, a lengthy interview with The Verge, and at a special screening of the movie in San Francisco.

0016-JOBS-130725.jpg
Both Ashton Kutcher and Josh Gad, who plays Steve Wozniak in the movie, will participate in a live YouTube event on Friday, beginning at 11am PST, to share more information on the upcoming film.

JOBS is set to hit theaters next month, on August 16.

Article Link: Open Road Films Launches New 'JOBS' Featurette, Live YouTube Event Coming Friday

abhishake

macrumors regular
Jul 14, 2005
I"m soooooo exciteeeeddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddds

jellyw00t

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2012
While I'm more excited for the one based on Steve's biography, the more I see about this movie the better it looks. You can definitely tell that Ashton put a lot of work into being the best Steve he could.

macsrcool1234

Suspended
Oct 7, 2010
The trailer makes me cringe. I think its the wrong music/atmosphere for the kind of movie it should be about.

natd1993

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2011
Great Britain
I wonder how Steve would receive this movie. Seems awfully melodramatic and Hollywoodized to me. Not to mention that interesting soundtrack...

Looking forward to Aaron Sorkin's film.

socbyset

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2003
promotional consideration?

The wall-to-wall coverage of this movie (which looks pretty mediocre) on this site makes me wonder if MacRumors is being paid to promote the film.

If not, then I guess the studio is running a really good PR campaign.

Last edited:

upthetoffees

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2012
A Straight to DVD film if I ever saw one (and no one watches dvd any more :D).

Kutcher? What the hell was anyone thinking. Major douche.

mentholiptus

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2009
The clip where kutcher is screaming into the phone about making sure he gets .90¢ of every $1 is terrible. Kutcher screaming reminds me of trying to scream in a dream but not being able to produce sound. Maybe it's because I'm so familiar with Steve's voice after listening to him for 15 years, but everything about this seems awkward. I can see from the trailer and few clips that have made it online that it's so overacted it can't be taken seriously. (ie, trying to mimic his walk...)

Jesus...he never choked up during the voiceover for "the crazy ones". This is ridiculous.

jbee

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2004
ugh

Aaron Eckhardt would have been a better choice. There is a huge amount of gravitas with Steve Jobs, something Ashton just doesn't have as an actor or a man. I'll see it because I loved Steve like anyone did but the scenes look embarrassingly awful.

Illusion986

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2009
"Jesus!" "No, its just Steve"

I beg to differ

Attachments

• steve-jobsjesus-tm.jpg
    steve-jobsjesus-tm.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 189

DotCom2

macrumors 603
Feb 22, 2009
I still can't believe Steve is gone.
Seeing this makes me miss him all over again. :(

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Aug 24, 2009
UK
Are we doomed to know every promotional event Kutcher is involved in over this damn movie?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.