Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

2012Tony2012

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 2, 2012
I need to install a program for my Car Crashcam / Dashcam that only comes in PC .EXE version as they do not support Mac:(

I really need this application to fully use my Car Crashcam / Dashcam.

Any advice please?

CylonGlitch

macrumors 68030
Jul 7, 2009
Nashville
I really need this application to fully use my Car Crashcam / Dashcam.

With most dashcams you have to put in your own memory card. You could just get a memory card reader and read the data from the card that way. Just avoid the software all together. Most store information on the card in a standard format.

Squareball

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2004
Palo Alto, CA
If you just need it for short term perhaps see if you can install it on one of the IE VMs that Microsoft provides. It gives you a windows install so you can test your sites in IE however it may let you install software too. It does expire after 90 days but if you just need this app to setup your cam it may work.

Actually now that I think about it, you can download Virtualbox and possibly run Windows in unactivated mode for like 30 days. You can get the ISOs from Microsoft, the download links are in http://www.w7forums.com/official-windows-7-sp1-iso-image-downloads-t12325.html

Give it a shot.

saturnotaku

macrumors 68000
Mar 4, 2013
If WineBottler doesn't work and you need this particular program to work, you might as well suck it up and pay the $100 for a Windows OEM license.

mrbigboi3000

macrumors newbie
Nov 19, 2012
Download VMware fusion best of the best snatch up whatever version of windows iso you want to use and profit.

Nyy8

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2011
New England
I would never trust "unknown" .iso's for windows. Most, if not all have been tempered with. I just sucked it up and got a OEM License for $100.

2012Tony2012

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 2, 2012
How long do you need access to it for? If it's just for a couple of things, you could always download a copy of Windows 7 and not register it. You'll lose access after 30 days, but if you only need it for a little while, it's the perfect solution to your problem.

Digital River link to Win7 Pro x64.

And yes, this is perfectly legal, plus the link is to MS' official digital hosting server.

So I can install W7 on my snow leopard, using bootcamp, and use W7 for 30 days?

OR must I install Mountain Lion first?

2012Tony2012

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 2, 2012
How long do you need access to it for? If it's just for a couple of things, you could always download a copy of Windows 7 and not register it. You'll lose access after 30 days, but if you only need it for a little while, it's the perfect solution to your problem.

Digital River link to Win7 Pro x64.

And yes, this is perfectly legal, plus the link is to MS' official digital hosting server.

This ISO is dodgy or corrupt! It would not install using Bootcamp, it just froze on a weird looking screen that says press 1 or 2, which were blank and not functioning anyway.

I then tried the ISO usinf Virtualbox and Virtualbox froze up when installing the ISO with x800x800 type of errors!

alexrmc92

macrumors regular
Feb 7, 2013
This ISO is dodgy or corrupt! It would not install using Bootcamp, it just froze on a weird looking screen that says press 1 or 2, which were blank and not functioning anyway.

I then tried the ISO usinf Virtualbox and Virtualbox froze up when installing the ISO with x800x800 type of errors!

Does virtual box support W7 on snow leopard? Does the current version of virtual box even support snow leopard? Are you running SL in 64 bit mode? Apple changed this in later versions of SL. What mac are you using?

2012Tony2012

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 2, 2012
Does virtual box support W7 on snow leopard? Does the current version of virtual box even support snow leopard? Are you running SL in 64 bit mode? Apple changed this in later versions of SL. What mac are you using?

I tried it using Mountain Lion, that W7 ISO is corrupt or dodgy, kept giving errors and not working properly!:(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.