Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Seeing this ad on the MR forums right now. Might want to do something about it. :rolleyes:

getimage-6.-14DCE17.gif

It links to: http://online-promos.net/go/to/b8dffd/key/dcd7f6bf1e470de64cb151ac9d5b6ee7/aid/10899/s1/123984

TheAppleFairy

Suspended
Mar 28, 2013
The Clinton Archipelago unfortunately
with adsense you don't have total control over what ads are being shown. They can limited certain categories of ads, but the ads being displayed are from a combination of what each user had browsed on the internet and the country they are in.

EDIT: I stand corrected, you can block urls now. I never noticed that before. Just took a screenshot of my adsense account.

Attachments

• adsense.JPG
    adsense.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 110

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
with adsense you don't have total control over what ads are being shown. They can limited certain categories of ads, but the ads being displayed are from a combination of what each user had browsed on the internet and the country they are in.
FWIW, from reading through this forum over the years, arn and other admins have had good success with making certain ads never reappear on the site.

FloatingBones

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2006
FWIW, from reading through this forum over the years, arn and other admins have had good success with making certain ads never reappear on the site.

Absolutely. :)

I do wonder what sort of standards Google AdSense has in allowing creeps like this to be part of their program. AFAICT, they have a very low standards for acceptable advertisers. It's another example where do no evil seems essentially meaningless.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.