Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cchunk

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 31, 2012
So i know with the latest beta update it fixed a lot of your battery problems. Mine however is the same on my iphone. For some reason My battery will drain pretty fast. But this isn't the big issue. It is that my phone will jump from lets say 70% down to 1%(I literally see it just drop magically) and then dies.

Once it dies i cant turn it on until i plug in a charger which it then turns on back to the 70%. I went back to 6.1.3 last night and then back to beta 4 this morning. Im still having the same issue though. I am gonna just stick to 6. I check the usuge time and it usually says 1 hour only lol. i just want to know if anyone else has had this issue.

Sorry for the long post but thanks to those who took the time to read haha

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.
So i know with the latest beta update it fixed a lot of your battery problems. Mine however is the same on my iphone. For some reason My battery will drain pretty fast. But this isn't the big issue. It is that my phone will jump from lets say 70% down to 1%(I literally see it just drop magically) and then dies.

Once it dies i cant turn it on until i plug in a charger which it then turns on back to the 70%. I went back to 6.1.3 last night and then back to beta 4 this morning. Im still having the same issue though. I am gonna just stick to 6. I check the usuge time and it usually says 1 hour only lol. i just want to know if anyone else has had this issue.

I find it hard to believe that it will just drain right in front of yours eyes, from 70% to 1%!

Have you tried resetting all settings? Restore as new?

cchunk

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 31, 2012
I find it hard to believe that it will just drain right in front of yours eyes, from 70% to 1%!

Have you tried resetting all settings? Restore as new?

Im 100% serious when i say that i literally watch it just jump from whatever its at to 1. Ive restored but havent done the reset settings. i couldnt imagine that it would fix it... but i could try

DavidBlack

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2013
Somewhere In Apple's HQ ;)
Im 100% serious when i say that i literally watch it just jump from whatever its at to 1. Ive restored but havent done the reset settings. i couldnt imagine that it would fix it... but i could try

Then you have a major battery bug my friend. Have you report your findings to the apple bug reporter?

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles

Shift-Restore, set the phone up as NEW. Problem solved

cchunk

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 31, 2012
Shift-Restore, set the phone up as NEW. Problem solved

If i set up as new would it let be restore from an old back up after? I have so much stuff i dont wanna have to manually download all 129 apps lol

DavidBlack

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2013
Somewhere In Apple's HQ ;)
If i set up as new would it let be restore from an old back up after? I have so much stuff i dont wanna have to manually download all 129 apps lol

Don't you have the copy of all the app's on your computer? if not then follow these steps:
  1. Open iTunes
  2. Select File in the Menu bar
  3. Then select devices
  4. Transfer Purchases from "your device name"

I think you problem is when you restored from backup it's usually the culprit in battery drain.

ajay96

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2013
New York, NY
I'm running beta 4 on a 4s and I don't see any major issues. I setup as a new phone. Not sure if non devs can do the same though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.