Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GermanyChris

macrumors 601
Jul 3, 2011
Here
So the general idea of this thread is the OP posted something in the iOS section didn't get the feedback he/she wanted so now he/she came to the site feedback section and created another thread complaining about the members.

Great thread..

Last edited:

macrumors member
Mar 20, 2010
Welcome to the internet. :)

The Internet is like it is because its a faceless medium. It allows a person to converse with another or a group without having to face the people that they choose to criticise. Think of it this way, thoughtless and inflammatory remarks would not be so rampant if the person was in the same room as you, but being faceless and not accountable for their actions brings out the worst in them.

It's an unfortunate situation with no resolution.

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA
It's gotten way out of hand, it didn't used to be this way.

You tend to forget things over time. It has always been and always will be like this.

Much of the problem with responses can be attributed to to how the OP phrases their question and how the OP responds to the responses they get. Also, if you are responding to an OP question, you can't expect people to read let alone respond to your responses.

ClamshellOfDoom

macrumors member
Apr 18, 2013
Tallahassee, FL
So the general idea of this thread is the OP posted something in the iOS section didn't get the feedback he/she wanted so now he/she came to the site feedback section and created another thread complaining about the members.

Great thread..

And people seem to have missed the points that the OP raised, regardless of their origin. I did expect that, but still it's funny whenever it happens.

I do sympathize with the OP, though, for being under the mistaken impression that MR was a place for people to ask questions, get answers, and not behave like 12-year olds. I thought that too, for a week or so.

GermanyChris

macrumors 601
Jul 3, 2011
Here
And people seem to have missed the points that the OP raised, regardless of their origin. I did expect that, but still it's funny whenever it happens.

I do sympathize with the OP, though, for being under the mistaken impression that MR was a place for people to ask questions, get answers, and not behave like 12-year olds. I thought that too, for a week or so.

I didn't miss the point I just didn't acknowledge it.

This section is for site feedback, the community section is for member feedback.

I'm of a couple minds on stuff here. In this case the OP posts sensationalist titles then wants to be treated as an adult which isn't going to happen. Second people get tired of answering the same questions google will. When there were MUG's and LUG's you did your research then if still couldn't get something you asked the community that is not the default approach now. If people did that there would be fewer smarta$$ responses.

The flip side is people are just itching to be smarta$$'s

annk

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 18, 2004
Somewhere over the rainbow

It is very much a place to ask questions and get answers. Some members don't behave, but with over 800,00 that's unfortunately to be expected. It's because of those members that there are rules.

You haven't been here long, so I'd say just give it a chance. ;)

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Aug 24, 2009
UK

The OPs points were valid. But stating them isn't going to change anything. Nothing probably will. The OP wants real responses. I want a tank. The universe looks down upon us both and states that we'd all like a lot of things that aren't going to happen.

Kissaragi

macrumors 68020
Nov 16, 2006
The OPs points were valid. But stating them isn't going to change anything. Nothing probably will. The OP wants real responses. I want a tank. The universe looks down upon us both and states that we'd all like a lot of things that aren't going to happen.

The difference is, you could buy a tank. He's never going to get the response he wants.

applemoon

macrumors member
Jul 19, 2013
This is about Forums not related to news/rumors.

Why is it that the people who most often post replies to legitimate thread posts, either: A, only read one sentence or paragraph, then make ignorant replies (happens way too often, sometimes even after saying something again in a reply). OR B, seem to just jack you around for the fun of it...after all that's what forums are for, right? (wrong, BTW)

I'm tired of all the crap not related to the O.P. in a Forum thread.

What can be done about this?

OR, is there a better forum for discussing issues with apple products?
You're from South Carolina too? I wonder if I know you. :D

Fabulous place.

Anyway I would say iMore, I mean they're more gracious and forgiving. But I think that when it comes to Apple products, you can't really find a reasonable place to discuss without other people interfering.

wordsworth

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2011
UK
A disappointing number of responses on this thread simply validates some of what the OP complains about. Happily, there is also some insight and common sense here, too, though on the MacRumors forum such positives can sometimes seem to be outweighed by the bratty snarling.

Unfortunately, there are people far too ready to contribute a 'school playground attitude' when they post a response.

It should not be unreasonable for one to expect a little patience and common courtesy from one's fellow members – at least, more than often is the case – but instead there are plenty who are quite prepared to get on some high horse or other and make 'clever' comments at the first available opportunity. Yes. it's a public forum, OP, but stick around and you'll learn to tune out the white noise.

davidjearly

macrumors 68020
Sep 21, 2006
Glasgow, Scotland
A disappointing number of responses on this thread simply validates some of what the OP complains about. Happily, there is also some insight and common sense here, too, though on the MacRumors forum such positives can sometimes seem to be outweighed by the bratty snarling.

Unfortunately, there are people far too ready to contribute a 'school playground attitude' when they post a response.

It should not be unreasonable for one to expect a little patience and common courtesy from one's fellow members – at least, more than often is the case – but instead there are plenty who are quite prepared to get on some high horse or other and make 'clever' comments at the first available opportunity. Yes. it's a public forum, OP, but stick around and you'll learn to tune out the white noise.

Indeed. My best feedback to the OP? Use the ignore list to avoid seeing certain members. Either that, or you'll end up like me and not using the site as much as you once did/might have done.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.