Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Yeah, okay, 30GHz! And a 250MHz FSB. :D

Seriously though, nothing major CPU-wsie is going to happen to the PowerBook range until this Intel switch is underway IMO. :(

It's not Apple's fault, they have their hands tied when it comes to processors.

tekmoe

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2005
they no longer have the .mac advertisment on the front page of the store. now it shows the engraving option for all ipods.

somebody is doing something!

chucknorris

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2005
Moscow, ID (No Kremlin here!)
iDM said:
I thought it was mentioned that it was only going to be a 30 mhz boost. So we would be looking at 1.7 Ghz. Any hints of other features it might have?

Well.....this has been beaten into the ground, but I'll bite.

I would anticipate bigger hard drives standard, a better GPU in the 12" models, more vram standard in all but the 17", dual-layer superdrive, maybe more ram, maybe brand new features, and, unless Apple pulls a rabbit out of its hat, I'm betting on a price drop as well.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
Seen it go down much later than this - it's only 5:50am Cupertino time. The store went down for the Mighty Mouse much later than it is now.

solvs

macrumors 603
Jun 25, 2002
LaLaLand, CA
No, you're not the only one. Even though, didn't you just buy a PowerMac? Waiting for the PowerBooks? I need a new PowerMac. Any day now Steve. Credit card in hard.

andiwm2003

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2004
Boston, MA
seems we're out of luck today.

i would be surprised if steve would announce new products just before and after the paris expo and cancel the keynote at the expo. that wouldn't make sense.

my guess: no new powermacs/books before mid october, otherwise they had announced them at the expo with a later ship date.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
You should all know that my Select membership, along with its accompanying unused-because-I-was-waiting-on-a-rev-to-the-17" developer discount, expires October 8. Therefore, the new PowerBooks will not be announced until, at the earliest, Oct. 9. Following the Tuesday tradition, that would mean an October 11 announcement. However, I'll be in Finland Oct. 1 - 8, so I suppose it's possible they'd risk it and announce Oct. 4.

Rest easy until then.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.