Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Persian-apple

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2012
Iran
inb4 5 more posts in a row saying the same.

sorry if you dont know why i am repeating this read it!
It is about my bad life!

Sorry man but please figure me out!
I am in a bad situaton
i was always able to fix my own problems by my self
but now summer is passing by and i am 14!
Then it means i should study and study and study again and again!

In iran (oh ***** iran!) no apple store and after the age of 14 the hard school work begins i should study 90percent of my time
i am genius(this is why i have a mbpr) i became the 1st in mathematics olympiad and 3000$ was the prize which i got
and but this mac and yeah ! And directly put it in the garbages!

All my life is made up of two parts computer-math and nothing else!
So.... My mac is gone half of my life is *********
Sorrry for my really bad english!

----------

there is nothing wrong with your mac. 70 is a very low temp so no need to increase the fan speed.

under no load 59

Last edited by a moderator:

paukivbashne

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2012
Ukraine
sorry if you dont know why i am repeating this read it!
It is about my bad life!

Sorry man but please figure me out!
I am in a bad situaton
i was always able to fix my own problems by my self
but now summer is passing by and i am 14!
Then it means i should study and study and study again and again!

In iran (oh ***** iran!) no apple store and after the age of 14 the hard school work begins i should study 90percent of my time
i am genius(this is why i have a mbpr) i became the 1st in mathematics olympiad and 3000$ was the prize which i got
and but this mac and yeah ! And directly put it in the garbages!

All my life is made up of two parts computer-math and nothing else!
So.... My mac is gone half of my life is ***********
Sorrry for my really bad english!

----------

under no load 59
so you are a genius huh? :D

applepie555

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2012
Performance reduced after EFI update on MacBook Pro Retina

Ok guys after i downloaded the windows support folder?
What should i do to install all the drivers
cuz i reinstalled everything full-reinstall and upgraded to mountain lion 10.8.3

and installed windows 7but how to install drivers and check
the temps and tell you the bad news!

----------

Sorry destinger

Bootcamp should have prompted you to plug in a USB stick to copy the drivers to when you were setting it up. So in Windows plug in the USB and copy the folder to your computer. Open the folder and there should be an installer.

Once it's done installing you should go to Nvidia's website and download the latest graphics card drivers because generally the ones apple provides aren't very good

Persian-apple

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2012
Iran
Bootcamp should have prompted you to plug in a USB stick to copy the drivers to when you were setting it up. So in Windows plug in the USB and copy the folder to your computer. Open the folder and there should be an installer.

Once it's done installing you should go to Nvidia's website and download the latest graphics card drivers because generally the ones apple provides aren't very good
. Thnx for your nice guide can you give me a link. I can't download from bootcamp please give a link for Mbpr 2200$ 15inch 8gbram

applepie555

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2012
My rmbp fans are stuck at 2000rpm they work properly and respond but when gpu is 70 they dont blow up can any body help?
Resset and ressset the ****in smc hundreds of times
sorry my addiction to typing in caps looks really serious!
Lol

I have a rMBP now and know what you mean. Sometimes the computer runs very hot but the fans don't speed up. Mine goes up to 96 celcius and still keeps the same fan speed. I don't think it is throttling for me, but if you have throttling I recommend you download a program to adjust fan speed such as SMC fan control on mac or lubbos fan control on windows. Then when it gets hot manually ramp up the fans.

Persian-apple

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2012
Iran
I have a rMBP now and know what you mean. Sometimes the computer runs very hot but the fans don't speed up. Mine goes up to 96 celcius and still keeps the same fan speed. I don't think it is throttling for me, but if you have throttling I recommend you download a program to adjust fan speed such as SMC fan control on mac or lubbos fan control on windows. Then when it gets hot manually ramp up the fans.
thanks for the guide i dont like to use fab controls i have used them both of them smc and lubbos made by davide ramo i thing but im happy that my mbpr doesnt have any serious problems

kamelperez

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2011
San Francisco, CA
I hope this helps someone...

I rarely post here, but after weeks of experiencing the performance hit post EFI update on my rMBP I wanted to share how it was resolved. Hopefully it helps someone here...

Issue:
Since day 1 (back in Nov) my MBP was able to run pretty much any game, stutter free. Post EFI update, the games would start to stutter in bootcamp, but not in OSX. In Windows 7, I saw that the GPU temps would reach 95-98C and the clock speed would throttle down from 900 to 250ish over and over, in perfect sync with the stuttering. While in OSX, reaching those temps caused no throttling. Before the EFI update, I remember my GPU always reaching mid 90sC while playing games, but there was no throttling. So I figured the EFI update was the cause, and only in Windows. Well, yes and no...

Nothing I tried to do to fix it worked. Full re-installs of both Windows/OSX, beta drivers, legacy bootcamp drivers, underclocking the GPU (this sorta worked, temporarily, but games were still unplayable) and cleaning out dust. Nothing worked, temps still were in the mid to high 90s and the GPU would throttle.

Solution:
On my second trip to the Apple Store, I explained everything and showed the Genius the stuttering in any game in Bootcamp. While the diagnostic tools showed no flaws, he also owned this machine and knew that my performance was not the same as his machine's, so he took it in to replace what we thought was the culprit, the heatsink and re-apply thermal paste.

5 days later, I picked up my machine, fired up a game, and the issue was fixed. Not only fixed, but I was now able to max out settings in games I wasn't previously able to max out! I ran nvidiaInspector and was shocked to see that my GPU now NEVER went above 80C, even while running games at native retina res with high settings!

In the end, I believe my rMBP always had a defective heatsink and poorly applied thermal paste, causing the GPU to reach 95-98C, but with no throttling. Post EFI Update, I was now well above the new throttle temp, causing huge performance hits. Replacing these parts and seeing the difference convinced me this was the cause.

I'm now pleasantly surprised that I can run games like Skyrim, Tomb Raider, Sleeping Dogs, Dishonored, etc... on high and sometimes "ultra" settings and my GPU never goes above 80C. I believe this is the way the rMBP is supposed to work. Anything higher is a defect, which shows symptoms post EFI update.

TL;dr - Going to the Genius Bar to have them replace the heatsink and re-apply thermal paste fixed this issue for me. The rMBP should never go above 80C, even when playing games on high in Windows.

dastinger

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2012
It's nice how you messed up all you previously said by saying "rMBP should never go above 80ºC while playing games". You base this on your experience only ignoring that each machine is different. And by different I don't mean that some are defective and others are not. By different I mean different.

applepie555

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2012
It's nice how you messed up all you previously said by saying "rMBP should never go above 80ºC while playing games". You base this on your experience only ignoring that each machine is different. And by different I don't mean that some are defective and others are not. By different I mean different.
Mine runs at around 96 degrees celsius when running games with CPU fan maxed...but no stuttering.

Persian-apple

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2012
Iran
no warranty what then!???
i am in iran you are in usa or afghanistan or etc
IRI IS THE ONLY UNSUPPORTED COUNTRY!
BYE THE WAY MINE NEVER WENT UPPER THAN 74!
BUT NOW WHILE PLAYING CHESS IN OS X IT GETS TO 70 FANS SPIN UP TO L5940/R5500
AND THATS IT!

please help me guys!
is there any way to download windows support from 4 shared or directly from apple(not boot camp assisstant1
may be i will travel to USA IN THIS YEAR
how much does the repair cost is it something more than 100$ to replace heat sink or reapply thermal paste and does it require any thing as a proof that you are the owner(repair with no warranty! mean) sorry my english is really perfect in iran but in fact i am not fluent at all so sorry1

----------

hi guys please try chess in osx and tell me what your temps are!
this is not funny 74c while playing the high end game named!chess!!!!!
i am not kidding!
but while playing angry birds 62!

----------

come on guys is there any way to downgrade EFI or when does the new EFI
come out and ***** apple solves this ***** problem!

----------

so you are a genius huh? :D

believe or not sort of... yeah hyper-active genius that now his mbpr is driving him crazy(crazier than usual!)

dastinger

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2012
What part did you not understand. I don't usually do this but, since you only seem able to read like this, here it goes:

THE RETINA MACBOOK PROS HAVE THE INTEL IVY BRIDGE I7 CPUS. THOSE CPUS ARE DESIGNED TO STAND TEMPERATURES UP TO 105ºC. WHEN IT PASSES 105ºC, THE LAPTOP JUST SHUTS DOWN. IF YOUR MACBOOK PRO IS RUNNING AT TEMPERATURES LOWER THAN THAT, IT IS NORMAL. YOU DON'T NEED TO REPLACE IT. IT'S NORMAL! IF YOU ARE PLAYING CHESS AND YOUR RETINA MACBOOK PRO GOES UP TO 70ºC IT'S NORMAL. EVERYTHING THAT IS HAPPENING WITH YOUR RETINA MACBOOK PRO IS NORMAL. NOW STOP WRITING IN CAPS AND STOP POSTING THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

IT WON'T HELP YOU

IT'S NORMAL

applepie555

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2012

no warranty what then!???
i am in iran you are in usa or afghanistan or etc
IRI IS THE ONLY UNSUPPORTED COUNTRY!
BYE THE WAY MINE NEVER WENT UPPER THAN 74!
BUT NOW WHILE PLAYING CHESS IN OS X IT GETS TO 70 FANS SPIN UP TO L5940/R5500
AND THATS IT!

please help me guys!
is there any way to download windows support from 4 shared or directly from apple(not boot camp assisstant1
may be i will travel to USA IN THIS YEAR
how much does the repair cost is it something more than 100$ to replace heat sink or reapply thermal paste and does it require any thing as a proof that you are the owner(repair with no warranty! mean) sorry my english is really perfect in iran but in fact i am not fluent at all so sorry1

----------

hi guys please try chess in osx and tell me what your temps are!
i am not kidding!

----------

come on guys is there any way to downgrade EFI or when does the new EFI
come out and ***** apple solves this ***** problem!

----------

believe or not sort of... yeah hyper-active genius that now his mbpr is driving him crazy(crazier than usual!)

----------

Mine gets hot too, it can get up to 74 Celsius when doing light tasks. This is normal! The cpu can operate safely in temperates up to 105 Celsius. When I run heavy 3D games I'm running around 95 Celsius.

Throttling is normal around 100 Celsius, in order to cool the CPU. But otherwise the cpu should be running fine at 2.3/4/6/7/8 ghz (depends on model) or more depending on load. What application are you use to find the tempture

You've made clear that it runs hot which is fairly normal. If you believe your system is throttling the cpu speed, please say so. Otherwise it seems normal

dastinger

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2012
Dude, he uses an app that tells the temps (the answer is somewhere in his confusing posts) but he also says that he can tell the temperature using his hand lol. If it was only an app, I wouldn't trust it.. but the hand.. damn, that gotta be right.

applepie555

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2012

Dude, he uses an app that tells the temps (the answer is somewhere in his confusing posts) but he also says that he can tell the temperature using his hand lol. If it was only an app, I wouldn't trust it.. but the hand.. damn, that gotta be right.

I know, but some apps are old and might not be accurate. Since apple's fans are setup to prefer heat over sound, the fans will only speed up when it gets really hot. If you want it to cooler, you should increase fan speeds as it heats up as opposed to waiting until it gets to 90ish Celsius.

dastinger

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2012
I was being sarcastic, man. I know how it works and I'm not worried about my temperatures at all :)

Persian-apple

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2012
Iran
Mine gets hot too, it can get up to 74 Celsius when doing light tasks. This is normal! The cpu can operate safely in temperates up to 105 Celsius. When I run heavy 3D games I'm running around 95 Celsius.

Throttling is normal around 100 Celsius, in order to cool the CPU. But otherwise the cpu should be running fine at 2.3/4/6/7/8 ghz (depends on model) or more depending on load. What application are you use to find the tempture

You've made clear that it runs hot which is fairly normal. If you believe your system is throttling the cpu speed, please say so. Otherwise it seems normal

OK my temps are 54c while doing light tasks but while playing chess in os x they're 74 and fans kick on max speed. Before this situation it my rmbp played max payne 3 bman arkham city far cry 3 tomb raider 2013 nfs the Run now I am waiting for apple to solve this and play medal of honor and metro last light but it sounds like IT IS NVER GOING TO BE FIXED so please play chess and tell me your temps using istat pro or hands if your hands tell you the temp is too high or you can't put it on your legs(lap) or fans kick on. 6000rpm it is more than 70 else it is 64-67C

----------

Hey do you know how does istat pro work? It's located in firmware folder and reads the temps and tells you what sensors say it is excactly your temp but my hand is experienced enough to tell you the temp exactly sry if you can't.

----------

If you like to know your temps using your hands do a handy job! Masturbate every day and this makes your hand a thermometer. LoL

----------

What part did you not understand. I don't usually do this but, since you only seem able to read like this, here it goes:

THE RETINA MACBOOK PROS HAVE THE INTEL IVY BRIDGE I7 CPUS. THOSE CPUS ARE DESIGNED TO STAND TEMPERATURES UP TO 105ºC. WHEN IT PASSES 105ºC, THE LAPTOP JUST SHUTS DOWN. IF YOUR MACBOOK PRO IS RUNNING AT TEMPERATURES LOWER THAN THAT, IT IS NORMAL. YOU DON'T NEED TO REPLACE IT. IT'S NORMAL! IF YOU ARE PLAYING CHESS AND YOUR RETINA MACBOOK PRO GOES UP TO 70ºC IT'S NORMAL. EVERYTHING THAT IS HAPPENING WITH YOUR RETINA MACBOOK PRO IS NORMAL. NOW STOP WRITING IN CAPS AND STOP POSTING THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

IT WON'T HELP YOU

IT'S NORMAL
what the heck are you talkin about?hey listen up I know what the normal temp and ivy bridge gnu-CPU thermal shut down etc. are. Normal temp in boot camp is 59 while doing nothing and 74MAX whilemgaming. So please don't tell me it's normal NOis not if you have. BUT WHY YOU DON'T GO TO AN APPLE STORE TO CHECK UP AND REPLACE IF NEEDED MEH? No icant but you can go for it!

Persian-apple

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2012
Iran
Sorry designer I know you are bored cuz I repeat and repeat again but what you say is not use ful(mor me at least) please be a friend and don't bother me if you think 70c is normal temp then(I don't like to say that) you're dumb I think when graphic switching off mine runs 52-55c and after 70 fans kick on and while gaming I had 74 but now fast-overheating anybody has that situation? Please. BE A FRIEND

Persian-apple

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2012
Iran
ban? meh?? no body bans me hope fully no body did this since i registered here

and i think if any body reports this and i will be ban then i will create a new account with a new ip it is that easy !
lol

Persian-apple

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2012
Iran
which one is hotter?
A: JENIFER LOPEZ WHILE SINGING(OH SHE NEVER SINGS JUST SHES A GOOD DANCER)
OR
B:MACBOOK PRO RETINA WHILE BOOTCAMP GAMING(ITS UNPLAYABLE!)

PLEASE POST YOUR ANSWER

APPLE MOTOS:

WORKS HARD PLAYS BEAUTY FULLY!
MACBARBECUE PRO:GRILL YOUR SUSAGE FASTER!
(I THINK I CAN GRILL A SUSAGE REALLY! SIPLY PUT THE SUSAGE UNDER MBPR WHILE GAMING IN UNDER 10 MINS YOUR SUSAGE IS READY ENJOY IT!
AND 3RD PLAYS HARD PERFORMS AS HOT AS JENIFER LOPEZ

LOL

bill-p

macrumors 68030
Jul 23, 2011
[/COLOR]hi guys please try chess in osx and tell me what your temps are!
i am not kidding!

Chess... 82C
Battlefield 3 under Bootcamp at 2560 x 1600 (yeah, seriously!)... 98C

Sounds like your sensors are either busted or your computer hates heat. Try resetting SMC a few times to see if that helps?

Persian-apple

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2012
Iran
lets finish the argument

i am just kidding and i dont know how to speak en politely or impolitely

i dont under stand how a word is polite or impolite(not exactly)

please help me solve my problem or discuss about FIRMWARE EFI NOT
ABOOUT THAT I SHOULD BE BANED IF I AM BANNED I CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT AND COME DIRECTLY HERE AND JUST POST LOL!

so... dont push your self so hard be friendly !

i use F words too much i try not to use it or use it less!
HOW MANY TIMES I TOLD YOU SORRY DESTINGER FINISH IT!RIGHT?

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
[MOD NOTE]
This thread appears to be off the rails and no further productive discussion is possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.