Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ttownbeast

macrumors 65816
May 10, 2009
While I agree with what you wanted, I am a little surprised that you do not print your invoices...either for warranty needs, or for business needs, if your computers are for a business. I would never rely on someone else keeping this info for me. As mentioned, contact CC company for purchase info, and I hope you get them.

Damn right, everything that is in writing should be kept as a record. I have applied this practice since high school.

I kept every record of every transaction including material receipts for shop class since the 9th grade I made sure I had unlimited access in some manner as long as the data mattered to any records concerning me since I was 15 anything so I could produce printed information of I kept or knew where I could access it for as long as I thought I needed it. The OP didn't, the OP in my opinion assumed too much and now is acting out all butthurt because the OP did not read the agreement closely enough to protect their own rights. You don't watch your own ass then pleading negligence wont save you.....unless perhaps (and this is rare) someone else has power of attorney over your financial affairs.

webworm98

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2009
Not when you sign a contract which many food service workers do, if you sign that contract you are basically signing a waiver relinquishing the rights to pay by federal standards which is what holds up in court. The minimum wage law protects workers who have not waived that universal right to a fair wage or do not have some sort of collective bargaining in place as an assurance.

My bad on the 5.25 though I hit the wrong key.

http://www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/faq_minimumwage.htm

Actually, you can't waive your rights on the minimum wage law at least in California. Trying to find out if this applies to all states not just California. In California waiter & waitress are required to be the full minimum wages and tips can't be included.

Signing a contract with an employee could get you in trouble with the IRS. Most people that sign contracts are considered Independent contractors by the IRS. The Basic definition of an Independent contractor. Independent contractors must provide their own equipment. Example a caterer is an Independent Contractor. Now, if they used the customers stove. Then during that time, that person would have to be paid minimum wage unless they pay the customer for the use of the stove. It is complicated on what an Independent Contractor is. To find out what is considered an Independent Contractor contact you tax preparer.

Independent contractors can set their own prices.

Before I make a caterer mad. I know they get a lot more money than minimum wage.

Ttownbeast

macrumors 65816
May 10, 2009
http://www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/faq_minimumwage.htm

Actually, you can't waive your rights on the minimum wage law at least in California. Trying to find out if this applies to all states not just California. In California waiter & waitress are required to be the full minimum wages and tips can't be included.

Signing a contract with an employee could get you in trouble with the IRS. Most people that sign contracts are considered Independent contractors by the IRS. The Basic definition of an Independent contractor. Independent contractors must provide their own equipment. Example a caterer is an Independent Contractor. Now, if they used the customers stove. Then during that time, that person would have to be paid minimum wage unless they pay the customer for the use of the stove. It is complicated on what an Independent Contractor is. To find out what is considered an Independent Contractor contact you tax preparer.

Independent contractors can set their own prices.

Before I make a caterer mad. I know they get a lot more money than minimum wage.

It doesn't necessarily get you in trouble with the IRS to sign a waiver, it just means you might have to file the taxes yourself using the 1099 form quarterly rather than rely on the company you are contracted with to handle the matter then of course file your 1040 in mid January--there are such things as independent contracts for hourly pay, and contracts can state that the business agreeing to service with the individual may provide the necessary tools to do the task.

Which brings me to the issue of the OP here--perhaps Amazon needed to keep it's books balanced for tax purposes for the quarter and dropped a few hundred volatile account holding users such as the OP based on an abnormal purchase history, all that processing for returns costs them money even if they are not the direct seller.

smb19

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2010
hehe

i was banned from amazon for life :mad: i sent a stinking email to there seller
performance people. and recieved this 6 hours later

Greetings from Amazon.co.uk, This message is to inform you that we have reactivated your Amazon.co.uk seller account, and you may now resume listing items for sale on our site. We apologise for any inconvenience this closure may have caused. As part of our ongoing commitment to improve the customer experience on Amazon.co.uk, we sometimes err on the side of caution. Amazon Sellers are expected to maintain an order defect rate (the percentage of orders that have received a negative feedback, an A-to-Z Guarantee claim or a service credit card chargeback) of less than 1% of orders received. Excessive levels of order cancellation, refunds or late shipments can also lead to account restrictions. We appreciate your interest and wish you the best of luck selling on Amazon.co.uk. Regards, Seller Performance Amazon.co.uk

lol there such nice people:D

ROADGAME JINX

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2011
There is TONS of valuable information to add to this discussion thread!

I've read this and many similar threads and I would like to add my feelings to the topic.

I too was banned from Amazon.com for being a "bad customer". As the author of this thread honestly stated...it is a SLAP TO THE FACE and carries with it ALL KINDS OF CONNOTATIONS and IMPLICATIONS.

And I've seen all of the threads by people embracing Amazon.com and taking their side. This makes me ill and some of the statements in this discussion thread are an absolute disgrace by ANY STANDARDS!!

Amazon.com is just another USA CORPORATION. It is a business with ONE OBJECTIVE AND ONE OBJECTIVE ONLY - MAXIMIZE PROFITS.

Everything else is SMOKE-SCREEN AND DECEPTION!!

"We care for our customers!" (Because it helps to maximize profits)
"We go the extra mile to satisfy you, make your purchase experience as pleasant as it can be....yap yap” (We do this because competition is fierce and our sole objective is to maximize profits. The more consumers "like us" and see us as "a good, fair, honest business" we will maximize profits.

REST ASSURED that part of this objective means sacrifice and what would appear to be LOSS for Amazon.com.

If the average customer returns 3% of all purchases made per year at Amazon.com.....and those returns yield a cost factor of X to Amazon.com...then you can REST ASSURED that these variables are all considered in their elaborate profit/loss strategy.

"Well....Amazon is not unreasonable because I have made a lot of purchases and done my fair share of returns. They have not banned me!!"

True for most people. HOWEVER!!

If Amazon.com discovered that they could BAN any customer who ever returned a SINGLE ITEM and maximize their profits....YOU BET YOUR IGNORANT BOTTOM LINE DOLLAR THAT THEY WOULD DO EXACTLY THAT!!!

EVERYTHING done by ALL BIG CORPORATIONS in this country are based on elaborate equations that consider public relations, consumer opinions and maximizing profits.

Does ANYONE HONESTLY THINK THAT AMAZON WOULD SAY, "Well...we've made billions upon billions of sales dollars on this anniversary of our inception and to GIVE BACK to the people....we will reduce prices on all items by 10% across the board....just to be appreciative and show the world that IT IS NOT ALL ABOUT MONEY FOR US!!"

BELIEVE ME...THEY COULD DO THAT MORE OFTEN THAN MOST OF US WOULD BELIEVE. WILL IT EVER HAPPEN?? There is only one way it could happen - if the bean counters could show the high-level executives that doing so would yield higher profits in a larger timeline.

AMAZON does not BAN USERS BECAUSE THEY ARE BAD PEOPLE OR BECAUSE THEY APPEAR TO BE DISHONEST OR SHADY....THEY BAN PEOPLE BASED UPON MATH EQUATIONS AND WHO FALLS WITHIN THE "RED FLAG" NUMBERS.

And while it APPEARS to be fair and just behavior from a retail monster....the TRUTH is that it is a VERY DANGEROUS trend and one for which we ALL SHOULD BE....AT VERY LEAST.....GUARDED AND SUSPICIOUS!!!

Like all other MONSTER CORPORATIONS in the USA....AMAZON employs a CLASSIC BUSINESS STRATEGY:

HIDE A BAD MOTIVE BEHIND A SEEMINGLY GOOD INTENTION

IS COINCIDENCE that all other retail monsters have followed suit with Amazon's very arrogant, controversial and DANGEROUSLY INDEPENDANT move of selectively banning patrons and customers??

NO COINCIDENCE WHATSOEVER!! As long as people will accept it....as long as the "BOLD, BRAVE MOVE" doesn't negatively impact consumer perception and opinion....they will ALL JUMP ON THE BANDWAGON!! WHY? BECAUSE IT INCREASES PROFITS!!!

So let’s TRULY EXPOSE Amazon for what they are doing: Hiding a BAD MOTIVE behind a GOOD INTENTION:

"Some consumers EXPLOIT our return policies and in order to advert passing the cost onto all customers in the form of increased general prices....we have enacted a security system that weeds out all "UNDESIRABLES".

At face value...this seems HONEST, FAIR and INNOCENT ENOUGH. But in TRUTH...it is NONE OF THOSE THINGS!!

There are honest and dishonest people EVERYWHERE. It has been that way since the very beginning. Does ANYONE HONESTLY THINK that Amazon had to respond to an ABRUPT NEW TREND???

All of a sudden...there comes this MIGRATION of "UNDESIRABLES" who buy and return items OVER AND OVER AGAIN!! It's costing us SO MUCH MONEY!!! It will capsize us if we don't do something DRASTIC SOON!!"

Uhhh.....IN A PIGS EYE!! There have ALWAYS been desirable and undesirable customers. IT IS NOTHING NEW!! WHAT IS NEW, HOWEVER, IS THIS ARROGANT, INDEPENDANT ATTITUDE OF BIG BUSINESS TO THINK THAT IT CAN CON PEOPLE INTO THINKING THAT THEY CAN FREELY DESCRIMINATE AGAINST SOME BUYERS AT THEIR DISCRETION AND WITHOUT ANY SENSE OF FAIRNESS HONESTY OR IMPARTIALITY.

So Amazon executives (the scumbags that have always poisoned this planet on everyone's behalf in favor of greed and lust for power) start running some equations after banning a "PILOT GROUP" of undesirables. They wait to see how these people will react.

Will there be a public OUTRAGE and accusations of DECEPTIVE BUSINESS PRACTICES AND DISCRIMINATION? No??? Nobody making any BIG WAVES?? OK...PROCEED WITH A LARGER PILOT GROUP OF BANNED UNDESIRABLES AND LETS LAY LOW...STUDY THE STRATEGY AND IMPACT.

OK!! Now let's REALLY PLAY WITH NUMBERS!! IF WE CAN BAN THE TRULY DISHONEST, BAD CUSTOMERS...WHY NOT LUMP IN THOSE WHO ARE TOO PICKY...TOO "RETURN-HAPPY"???

Does ANYONE HONESTLY BELIEVE THAT AMAZON OR ANY OTHER RETAILER WOULD STOP BY BANNING ONLY THE OBVIOUS DISHONEST CUSTOMERS?

OF COURSE THEY DO. The degree to which big business behaves immorally...the degree to which big business misbehaves...partakes in illegal and criminal practices is DIRECTLY PROPORTIONATE to the level of passiveness, carelessness, apathy, laziness and selfishness of all consumers as a whole.

FIRST AND FOREMOST....AMAZON WANTS ANY BANNED CUSTOMERS TO FEEL ASHAMED......DISGRACED.....REJECTED....EMBARASSED....SCARED...AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE.

THIS IS WHY THEY IMPLEMENT A CUSTOMER BAN AS THOUGH YOU ARE AN EMPLOYEE BEING FIRED FROM YOUR JOB.

WHAT ARROGANCE!!! Why? BECAUSE AN ASHAMED CUSTOMER IS A QUIET ONE!!! AN EMBARASSED, BROKEN, REJECTED CUSTOMER IS ONE THAT LAYS DOWN QUIELTY (LIKE A DOG) WHEN THE BIG RETAIL CHAIN SAYS THEY SHOULD DO SO.

AND THE LAST THING THAT AMAZON OR ANY OTHER RETAIL MONSTER WANTS IS FOR PEOPLE TO BE POSTING OR TALKING AS I AM NOW. THE BIGGEST NIGHTMARE FOR AMAZON OR ANY OTHER RETAIL CHAIN IS A CONSUMER UNION - AN ORGANIZED, REPRESENTED AND WELL-INFORMED LANDSCAPE OF CONSUMERS ALL OVER!!

BANNING CUSTOMERS FOR EXCESSIVE RETURNS IS FRAUD. IT IS A CRIMINAL ACT KNOWN AS DECEPTIVE BUSINESS PRACTICES.

THAT IS WHY IT TOOK ONE OF THE BIGGEST GIANTS - AMAZON - TO TRY SUCH A BOLD, DISGUSTINGLY ARROGANT MOVE FIRST. THEY HAVE THE RESOURCES TO FIGHT AND SURVIVE....SHOULD CONSUMERS WAKE UP AND REJECT THEM FOR THEIR BRASH, UNACCEPTABLE BEHAVIORS.

WHEN YOU MAKE A PURCHAS WITH AMAZON YOU HAVE A "BLANK CHECK" RETURN POLICY (with a few product-specific exceptions). THEREFORE...TO REJECT CUSTOMERS WHO ARE NOT BREAKING ANY OF THEIR POLICIES IS.....DANGEROUS AT BEST. IS IT DISCRIMINATION? It may very well be...and a superior court judge....millions of dollars in legal fees from now...will be the one to decide it.

But you can ALSO BET that AMAZON is watching the numbers. They are considering the risk of a class-action suit against them and other retailers and they act defensively and proactively to that regard - REST ASSURED!!

Bottom line? There have ALWAYS been customers who have exploited return policies of big retailers. That's why big retailers can charge so much more than competitors. People are willing to pay more because the overall experience and assurance during a purchase is worth the extra bucks.

And now they have betrayed that crucial aspect of their offering.

I will bet anyone a DIME TO A DOLLAR that many customers got screwed while being banned from Amazon and other retailers. The BIG GREAT STORE...upon decision to "FIRE" it's customer.....refused returns on any and all outstanding purchases.

That is breach of contract. It is 100% illegal, immoral and wrong and Amazon will make an extra TEN MILLION DOLLARS THIS YEAR ALONE by doing EXACTLY THAT.

Where along the line did it get lost? BUSINESSES - NO MATTER HOW LARGE - NEED CUSTOMERS!! NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND!!!

And if people WISED UP AND UNITED....AMAZON WOULD COWER AND RECANT THAT POLICY SO FAST IT WOULD MAKE US ALL LAUGH!!

AND IF YOU THINK FOR ONE SECOND THAT THOSE CUSOMERS THAT DO A LOT OF RETURNS THREATEN TO INCREASE COSTS TO EVERYONE.....I HAVE A BRIDGE TO SELL YOU!!!

THAT WOULD NEVER EVER HAPPEN!! IT COULD NOT BECAUSE IT WOULD PUT THE RETAIL MONSTER OUT OF BUSINESS. NO, THE ONLY THING AT RISK WITH "UNDESIRABLE CUSTOMERS" IS COMPROMISED PROFITS - NOTHING MORE.

So to all those who have been banned by Amazon because your returns do not coincide with their forecasts for the current year....I say this:

Buy through family and friends!! Amazon banned my account and I ordered (AND RETURNED) FIVE PURCHASES WITHIN THE NEXT FEW MONTHS.

Sure...it's a little inconvenient but Amazon can't stop me!! AND I HAVE NEVER BEEN A DISHONEST CUSTOMER TO AMAZON. I did TONS OF RETURNS for small-dollar items and they never cared.

It was only when I made a few BIG-DOLLAR PURCHASES AND RETURNED TWO OUT OF THREE OF THEM...THAT I WAS FLAGGED. AGAIN...IT’S ALL ABOUT THE MATH....ITS ALL ABOUT MAXIMIZING PROFITS AND NOTHING MORE.

But when you buy online...you can't touch the product so it's sometimes hard to know if you want it or not. Take care of it...return it in new condition....and if they decide it cannot be sold because of a fingerprint....maybe they should re-think their return policies!!

Bottom line.....UNTIL THEY TREAT EVERYONE THE SAME WAY....THEY ARE ACTING AS CROOKS AND CHEATS!!!

IT'S OK TO MAKE RETURNS....UNTIL IT ANNOYS US THEN WE BAN YOU.

WHAT KIND OF ARROGANT CRAP IS THAT??? HAS ANYONE REALLY THOUGHT ABOUT IT??

WELL...BAN ME ALL YOU WANT!! I WILL BUY FROM YOU WHENEVER I DESIRE AND YOU CAN DO NOTHING ABOUT IT!! I MAKE THIS STATEMENT WITH PRIDE AND PLEASURE!!!

And I have EVERY CONFIDENCE that these arrogant jerks will get theirs. In the interim... TRUTH WILL OUT!!!

InsanelyApple

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2010
Can't you just make another Amazon acount with a different card and another person's, who is living with you, name?

eawmp1

macrumors 601
Feb 19, 2008
FL
This is the Lazarus thread.

IT WAS FROM 2008 AND REFUSES TO DIE!!!

ROADGAME JINX, take a double dose of your lithium and call your shrink ASAP.

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia

Hope that you feel better after your rant....

Keep in mind that here in the US the right of returning anything to a retailer is a privilege - not a right.

Retailers here in the US can have rules as to their return policies. No returns, or a 14 day return/exchange - what have you...

Shops that have the means to track purchases and returns also have the ability to block future sales as well. How those "blocks" are made are up to each retailer.

So let’s TRULY EXPOSE Amazon for what they are doing: Hiding a BAD MOTIVE behind a GOOD INTENTION:

"Some consumers EXPLOIT our return policies and in order to advert passing the cost onto all customers in the form of increased general prices....we have enacted a security system that weeds out all "UNDESIRABLES".

At face value...this seems HONEST, FAIR and INNOCENT ENOUGH. But in TRUTH...it is NONE OF THOSE THINGS!!

Your emphasis was left - however self serving to your rant...

Working in a retail shop... I must say there is a point that one must say that the "customer" is not worth the cost of sales and returns. I personally have seen "customers" that have bought and returned very new camera over the last few years.. and in the end never having purchased their final camera from us...

Maybe it is time for retailers in the US to adopt the EU model... no returns unless defective as I have been told...

Maybe it is me, but my returns either via Amazon or brick and mortar stores are limited to stuff that did not work as I had hoped - or that I had buyers remorse on.. All of which are far and in between...

I've read this and many similar threads and I would like to add my feelings to the topic.

I too was banned from Amazon.com for being a "bad customer". As the author of this thread honestly stated...it is a SLAP TO THE FACE and carries with it ALL KINDS OF CONNOTATIONS and IMPLICATIONS.

And I've seen all of the threads by people embracing Amazon.com and taking their side. This makes me ill and some of the statements in this discussion thread are an absolute disgrace by ANY STANDARDS!!

Amazon.com is just another USA CORPORATION. It is a business with ONE OBJECTIVE AND ONE OBJECTIVE ONLY - MAXIMIZE PROFITS.

Everything else is SMOKE-SCREEN AND DECEPTION!!

"We care for our customers!" (Because it helps to maximize profits)
"We go the extra mile to satisfy you, make your purchase experience as pleasant as it can be....yap yap” (We do this because competition is fierce and our sole objective is to maximize profits. The more consumers "like us" and see us as "a good, fair, honest business" we will maximize profits.

REST ASSURED that part of this objective means sacrifice and what would appear to be LOSS for Amazon.com.

If the average customer returns 3% of all purchases made per year at Amazon.com.....and those returns yield a cost factor of X to Amazon.com...then you can REST ASSURED that these variables are all considered in their elaborate profit/loss strategy.

"Well....Amazon is not unreasonable because I have made a lot of purchases and done my fair share of returns. They have not banned me!!"

True for most people. HOWEVER!!

If Amazon.com discovered that they could BAN any customer who ever returned a SINGLE ITEM and maximize their profits....YOU BET YOUR IGNORANT BOTTOM LINE DOLLAR THAT THEY WOULD DO EXACTLY THAT!!!

EVERYTHING done by ALL BIG CORPORATIONS in this country are based on elaborate equations that consider public relations, consumer opinions and maximizing profits.

Does ANYONE HONESTLY THINK THAT AMAZON WOULD SAY, "Well...we've made billions upon billions of sales dollars on this anniversary of our inception and to GIVE BACK to the people....we will reduce prices on all items by 10% across the board....just to be appreciative and show the world that IT IS NOT ALL ABOUT MONEY FOR US!!"

BELIEVE ME...THEY COULD DO THAT MORE OFTEN THAN MOST OF US WOULD BELIEVE. WILL IT EVER HAPPEN?? There is only one way it could happen - if the bean counters could show the high-level executives that doing so would yield higher profits in a larger timeline.

AMAZON does not BAN USERS BECAUSE THEY ARE BAD PEOPLE OR BECAUSE THEY APPEAR TO BE DISHONEST OR SHADY....THEY BAN PEOPLE BASED UPON MATH EQUATIONS AND WHO FALLS WITHIN THE "RED FLAG" NUMBERS.

And while it APPEARS to be fair and just behavior from a retail monster....the TRUTH is that it is a VERY DANGEROUS trend and one for which we ALL SHOULD BE....AT VERY LEAST.....GUARDED AND SUSPICIOUS!!!

Like all other MONSTER CORPORATIONS in the USA....AMAZON employs a CLASSIC BUSINESS STRATEGY:

HIDE A BAD MOTIVE BEHIND A SEEMINGLY GOOD INTENTION

IS COINCIDENCE that all other retail monsters have followed suit with Amazon's very arrogant, controversial and DANGEROUSLY INDEPENDANT move of selectively banning patrons and customers??

NO COINCIDENCE WHATSOEVER!! As long as people will accept it....as long as the "BOLD, BRAVE MOVE" doesn't negatively impact consumer perception and opinion....they will ALL JUMP ON THE BANDWAGON!! WHY? BECAUSE IT INCREASES PROFITS!!!

There are honest and dishonest people EVERYWHERE. It has been that way since the very beginning. Does ANYONE HONESTLY THINK that Amazon had to respond to an ABRUPT NEW TREND???

All of a sudden...there comes this MIGRATION of "UNDESIRABLES" who buy and return items OVER AND OVER AGAIN!! It's costing us SO MUCH MONEY!!! It will capsize us if we don't do something DRASTIC SOON!!"

Uhhh.....IN A PIGS EYE!! There have ALWAYS been desirable and undesirable customers. IT IS NOTHING NEW!! WHAT IS NEW, HOWEVER, IS THIS ARROGANT, INDEPENDANT ATTITUDE OF BIG BUSINESS TO THINK THAT IT CAN CON PEOPLE INTO THINKING THAT THEY CAN FREELY DESCRIMINATE AGAINST SOME BUYERS AT THEIR DISCRETION AND WITHOUT ANY SENSE OF FAIRNESS HONESTY OR IMPARTIALITY.

So Amazon executives (the scumbags that have always poisoned this planet on everyone's behalf in favor of greed and lust for power) start running some equations after banning a "PILOT GROUP" of undesirables. They wait to see how these people will react.

Will there be a public OUTRAGE and accusations of DECEPTIVE BUSINESS PRACTICES AND DISCRIMINATION? No??? Nobody making any BIG WAVES?? OK...PROCEED WITH A LARGER PILOT GROUP OF BANNED UNDESIRABLES AND LETS LAY LOW...STUDY THE STRATEGY AND IMPACT.

OK!! Now let's REALLY PLAY WITH NUMBERS!! IF WE CAN BAN THE TRULY DISHONEST, BAD CUSTOMERS...WHY NOT LUMP IN THOSE WHO ARE TOO PICKY...TOO "RETURN-HAPPY"???

Does ANYONE HONESTLY BELIEVE THAT AMAZON OR ANY OTHER RETAILER WOULD STOP BY BANNING ONLY THE OBVIOUS DISHONEST CUSTOMERS?

OF COURSE THEY DO. The degree to which big business behaves immorally...the degree to which big business misbehaves...partakes in illegal and criminal practices is DIRECTLY PROPORTIONATE to the level of passiveness, carelessness, apathy, laziness and selfishness of all consumers as a whole.

FIRST AND FOREMOST....AMAZON WANTS ANY BANNED CUSTOMERS TO FEEL ASHAMED......DISGRACED.....REJECTED....EMBARASSED....SCARED...AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE.

THIS IS WHY THEY IMPLEMENT A CUSTOMER BAN AS THOUGH YOU ARE AN EMPLOYEE BEING FIRED FROM YOUR JOB.

WHAT ARROGANCE!!! Why? BECAUSE AN ASHAMED CUSTOMER IS A QUIET ONE!!! AN EMBARASSED, BROKEN, REJECTED CUSTOMER IS ONE THAT LAYS DOWN QUIELTY (LIKE A DOG) WHEN THE BIG RETAIL CHAIN SAYS THEY SHOULD DO SO.

AND THE LAST THING THAT AMAZON OR ANY OTHER RETAIL MONSTER WANTS IS FOR PEOPLE TO BE POSTING OR TALKING AS I AM NOW. THE BIGGEST NIGHTMARE FOR AMAZON OR ANY OTHER RETAIL CHAIN IS A CONSUMER UNION - AN ORGANIZED, REPRESENTED AND WELL-INFORMED LANDSCAPE OF CONSUMERS ALL OVER!!

BANNING CUSTOMERS FOR EXCESSIVE RETURNS IS FRAUD. IT IS A CRIMINAL ACT KNOWN AS DECEPTIVE BUSINESS PRACTICES.

THAT IS WHY IT TOOK ONE OF THE BIGGEST GIANTS - AMAZON - TO TRY SUCH A BOLD, DISGUSTINGLY ARROGANT MOVE FIRST. THEY HAVE THE RESOURCES TO FIGHT AND SURVIVE....SHOULD CONSUMERS WAKE UP AND REJECT THEM FOR THEIR BRASH, UNACCEPTABLE BEHAVIORS.

WHEN YOU MAKE A PURCHAS WITH AMAZON YOU HAVE A "BLANK CHECK" RETURN POLICY (with a few product-specific exceptions). THEREFORE...TO REJECT CUSTOMERS WHO ARE NOT BREAKING ANY OF THEIR POLICIES IS.....DANGEROUS AT BEST. IS IT DISCRIMINATION? It may very well be...and a superior court judge....millions of dollars in legal fees from now...will be the one to decide it.

But you can ALSO BET that AMAZON is watching the numbers. They are considering the risk of a class-action suit against them and other retailers and they act defensively and proactively to that regard - REST ASSURED!!

Bottom line? There have ALWAYS been customers who have exploited return policies of big retailers. That's why big retailers can charge so much more than competitors. People are willing to pay more because the overall experience and assurance during a purchase is worth the extra bucks.

And now they have betrayed that crucial aspect of their offering.

I will bet anyone a DIME TO A DOLLAR that many customers got screwed while being banned from Amazon and other retailers. The BIG GREAT STORE...upon decision to "FIRE" it's customer.....refused returns on any and all outstanding purchases.

That is breach of contract. It is 100% illegal, immoral and wrong and Amazon will make an extra TEN MILLION DOLLARS THIS YEAR ALONE by doing EXACTLY THAT.

Where along the line did it get lost? BUSINESSES - NO MATTER HOW LARGE - NEED CUSTOMERS!! NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND!!!

And if people WISED UP AND UNITED....AMAZON WOULD COWER AND RECANT THAT POLICY SO FAST IT WOULD MAKE US ALL LAUGH!!

AND IF YOU THINK FOR ONE SECOND THAT THOSE CUSOMERS THAT DO A LOT OF RETURNS THREATEN TO INCREASE COSTS TO EVERYONE.....I HAVE A BRIDGE TO SELL YOU!!!

THAT WOULD NEVER EVER HAPPEN!! IT COULD NOT BECAUSE IT WOULD PUT THE RETAIL MONSTER OUT OF BUSINESS. NO, THE ONLY THING AT RISK WITH "UNDESIRABLE CUSTOMERS" IS COMPROMISED PROFITS - NOTHING MORE.

So to all those who have been banned by Amazon because your returns do not coincide with their forecasts for the current year....I say this:

Buy through family and friends!! Amazon banned my account and I ordered (AND RETURNED) FIVE PURCHASES WITHIN THE NEXT FEW MONTHS.

Sure...it's a little inconvenient but Amazon can't stop me!! AND I HAVE NEVER BEEN A DISHONEST CUSTOMER TO AMAZON. I did TONS OF RETURNS for small-dollar items and they never cared.

It was only when I made a few BIG-DOLLAR PURCHASES AND RETURNED TWO OUT OF THREE OF THEM...THAT I WAS FLAGGED. AGAIN...IT’S ALL ABOUT THE MATH....ITS ALL ABOUT MAXIMIZING PROFITS AND NOTHING MORE.

But when you buy online...you can't touch the product so it's sometimes hard to know if you want it or not. Take care of it...return it in new condition....and if they decide it cannot be sold because of a fingerprint....maybe they should re-think their return policies!!

Bottom line.....UNTIL THEY TREAT EVERYONE THE SAME WAY....THEY ARE ACTING AS CROOKS AND CHEATS!!!

IT'S OK TO MAKE RETURNS....UNTIL IT ANNOYS US THEN WE BAN YOU.

WHAT KIND OF ARROGANT CRAP IS THAT??? HAS ANYONE REALLY THOUGHT ABOUT IT??

WELL...BAN ME ALL YOU WANT!! I WILL BUY FROM YOU WHENEVER I DESIRE AND YOU CAN DO NOTHING ABOUT IT!! I MAKE THIS STATEMENT WITH PRIDE AND PLEASURE!!!

And I have EVERY CONFIDENCE that these arrogant jerks will get theirs. In the interim... TRUTH WILL OUT!!!

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
This is the Lazarus thread.

IT WAS FROM 2008 AND REFUSES TO DIE!!!

ROADGAME JINX, take a double dose of your lithium and call your shrink ASAP.

In the end there are those that were "caught" by policies of retailers - that posters were felt wronged..

The truth would be in seeing records from both Amazon and these "customers"... I know in the shop I work at - it is hard to get banned....

I do wonder if the negative posters about Amazon are the same ones that used Costco's previous return privilege to allow them to update their digital cameras, TV's, stereos, and such under the "unlimited" returns Costco once allowed?

shawnathan

macrumors member
Mar 31, 2008
What ever happened to the OP? Did he get banned from MacRumors forever because of this thread?

iStudentUK

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2009
London

calm%2Bdown.jpg

That is all.

steves2

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2011
Ok now I know I'm not the only one!!!!! We just moved into a new home (rental). The house already has internet so I was able to jump right on the wifi to continue selling on Amazon and I got a letter saying that our account was matched to an existing account that had recently been banned and that our account would now be banned forever! WTF!!!!!!! We never had a single return, 100% positive feedback (over 1000) and for no reason my account is closed FOR LIFE! IS THIS SOME SORT OF JOKE? I have read about this before but not sure what I did to have this happen to me. The Banned From Amazon http://www.bannedfromamazon.com eBook says that they may have matched my IP address to someone who had been banned before? Can that be true? Any one have any success? HELP!

*LTD*

macrumors G4
Feb 5, 2009
Canada
Ok now I know I'm not the only one!!!!! We just moved into a new home (rental). The house already has internet so I was able to jump right on the wifi to continue selling on Amazon and I got a letter saying that our account was matched to an existing account that had recently been banned and that our account would now be banned forever! WTF!!!!!!! We never had a single return, 100% positive feedback (over 1000) and for no reason my account is closed FOR LIFE! IS THIS SOME SORT OF JOKE? I have read about this before but not sure what I did to have this happen to me. The Banned From Amazon http://www.bannedfromamazon.com eBook says that they may have matched my IP address to someone who had been banned before? Can that be true? Any one have any success? HELP!

What exactly does this thread tell you so far?

mac jones

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2006
Frankly, this sort of thing doesn't make me feel particularly bad. I pity nut cases who return expensive laptops 5 times 'just to get it right'.

When Amazon bans them it is better for the normal people. (or at least, 'normal shopping habits' ) :D

No offense. I'm sure the OP and others are great people. It's just this type of behavior that's so despicable.

I mean it's really mental illness. (some kind of OCD). And combine that with the marketplace, they have no choice but to ban them.

I wonder if the OP realizes he has a problem and it's not normal? I also wonder how many others are like this. I know at least 3 from these forums as the OP has supporters, which invariably means this behavior is normal to them also.

Last edited:

noahfence

macrumors newbie
May 17, 2008
Frankly, this sort of thing doesn't make me feel particularly bad. I pity nut cases who return expensive laptops 5 times 'just to get it right'.

When Amazon bans them it is better for the normal people. (or at least, 'normal shopping habits' ) :D

No offense. I'm sure the OP and others are great people. It's just this type of behavior that's so despicable.

I mean it's really mental illness. (some kind of OCD). And combine that with the marketplace, they have no choice but to ban them.

I wonder if the OP realizes he has a problem and it's not normal? I also wonder how many others are like this. I know at least 3 from these forums as the OP has supporters, which invariably means this behavior is normal to them also.

I bought a 15" MacBook Pro directly from the Apple retail store, which when I opened was covered in dirt and fingerprints, and had a 1" ding on the bottom. I exchanged it for another, which had an uneven margin around the screen (extremely noticeable on the matte screen option). I exchanged it for another, and the screen was not flush with the body when closed.

So I decided to exchange it for a MacBook Air, which when I opened had a 1cm gouge in the aluminum between the K and I keys. When I bought it in to exchange it, and Apple employee stated that this would be the last laptop I would be able to exchange, since they "ordinarily wouldn't exchange laptops in case of the minor defects you've experienced."

Apparently, Apple believes customers should happily accept dented MacBooks covered in dirt and fingerprints, or scratched MacBook Airs.

And because I don't, that means I'm mentally ill and obsessive compulsive?

Give me a break.

I think it just means Apple has some serious, serious quality control problems.

Anyway, I digress. What I'm trying to get at is I don't find it hard to believe the OP may have had legitimate reasons to return a seemingly excessive number of laptops. While it is unfair that Amazon should have to absorb the costs of Apple's horrible quality control, it is also unfair to punish the customer if there were legitimate defects with the laptops.

truelies

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2011
I was banned by amazon because I bought two of same items using two different account. I tried several times on a new account. If you want to buy from amazon again, the only way is as following:

*clear your browser cookies
*clear your browser flash cookies
*use a different name, address, email, cc number, AND phone number for verification

This is not possible for me, since I only live in one place. I hope there have some online retail to substitute amazon soon. Overstock.com exist many years, but they still not good.

Squilly

macrumors 68020
Nov 17, 2012
PA
I got banned from Amazon recently too. I'd like to be back, I've tried to be back. The best things you can do (what I did):
Contact your bank regarding the product, usually there's purchase protection
File a complaint with the BBB (Amazon hates these and tries to get them resolved
Contact Amazon's executive consumer relations @ jeff@amazon.com (Amazon CEO)
Contact cis@amazon.com (the only other reps that can still access your account aka Account Specialists).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.