Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Acorn

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 2, 2009
macrumors
Hey everyone I would like to see your wacom setups. Everything is game from bamboo to inkling to cintiq.

Second generation Wacom 21ux-DTK Cintiq

wacompic.JPG

Last edited:

Andrew K.

macrumors 65816
Jul 9, 2008
Dayyyum, nice setup. Here's my little one I use for my creative internship.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    688.5 KB · Views: 729

juanm

macrumors 68000
May 1, 2006
Fury 161
So, can you use these Wacom tablets as an alternative to a mouse?

Depending on your monitor setup and the kind of work you're doing, it's not only an alternative, but a much better choice.

Sometimes I'll connect mine (Intuos3 A4) to one of my computers just for something graphics related, and it'll will stay there for a few days without me even noticing I'm not even using the mouse, until I need to use it on another computer. Also, I usually use only the bottom half in a dual monitor setup and the right-bottom quarter with a single monitor setup (even with my 30"ACD). The top half is where I put the keyboard so that it's always next to my hand.
It's great for everything graphics related, but also as a general pointing device, and with some imagination (shortcuts, macros, keyboard placement) can even get into things more technical, where a mouse is the norm.

Av1o3

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2009
I only have one display, a 13" MBA. And no, I'm not a designer but a software dev.

It could still work as a big trackpad depending on which you get, but i'm not so sure you'll really need it. I think the bamboo would work the best for you, multitouch support and I think it has 4 assignable keys as well.

What kind of software development do you do? If it has anything to do with 3d it could also help

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.