Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Serban

Suspended
Jan 8, 2013
i keep getting for macos mail this message: Can't connect to the account "yahoo" Enter the password for user... and i enter it every time but no success..from time to time this is happening to me.

Serban

Suspended
Jan 8, 2013
What is your life with yahoo messenger on mac? i am fine except one thing. Almost everyday at least 1-2 times/day my messenger UI is working fine except the fact that the person who write to me did't getting my messages anymore and vice versa. So it is frustrating because this happens whiteout a warning or something, and if i close y messenger and reopen it works fine again.

daPaddie

macrumors newbie
May 29, 2013
I can't find widgets in the App Store and the ones outside can't be installed

Done.

Last edited:

peter howell

macrumors newbie
May 29, 2013
Os x 10.5.8

I'm hopeless antiquated! I have 10.5.8 OS X on my desktop (processor 1.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Memory 2Gb) and need to upgrade to run my Iphone 5. What should I upgrade to, how do I do it?! Thanks.

iAmirul

macrumors regular
May 8, 2013
Singapore
i feel dumb for asking this... but how do you remove the small tiny clock on the screen saver? Using Fliqlo and it looks weird...

Attachments

• Photo 741.jpeg
    Photo 741.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 380

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
Widgets

In the same way you can move icons, create folders, change folder filename's you can do in Lauchpad, also applies to Widgets in Dashboard when you click + in the bottom left.

However, I think Apple changed this (not sure) in 10.8.4, you are unable to change file name is you drag a widget into a folder.

Also, I dunno when this was done, but there no longer a "Documents" stack in the dock, by default.

Last edited:

Serban

Suspended
Jan 8, 2013
how can i get rid of a file that is in the trash but when i want to empty this message appear: The operation can't be completed because the item is in use

i tried log off/restart..the file still there and again the message appear

what else can i do?

geta

macrumors 65816
May 18, 2010
The Moon
How can i wake up my Mac mini from sleep mode using my mouse without pressing the 'enter' key - like i used to do till now with older OSx ??

geta

macrumors 65816
May 18, 2010
The Moon
Everything except wake over network unchecked.

I've tried every combination possible,and still i can't wake up the Mini with my mouse, only by pressing the 'enter' key... how come for other ppl its working but not for me - that the F... :mad:

pat park

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2011
California
when waking from sleep, i lose sound and videos, itunes music will not play after pausing. Anyone else having similar issues after updating to 10.8.5?

MeUnix

macrumors 6502
Aug 21, 2013
San Francisco
when waking from sleep, i lose sound and videos, itunes music will not play after pausing. Anyone else having similar issues after updating to 10.8.5?

The only issue I've came across is slower speeds, but that was due to spotlight reindexing. Since then, my MacBook has been running great. Have you tried downloading the combo update? I read in another thread that the combo update solved one user's problem who was experiencing something along the lines that you are.

Also, I know this sounds cliche but did you try restarting your computer?

Hope this helps :)

pat park

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2011
California
The only issue I've came across is slower speeds, but that was due to spotlight reindexing. Since then, my MacBook has been running great. Have you tried downloading the combo update? I read in another thread that the combo update solved one user's problem who was experiencing something along the lines that you are.

Also, I know this sounds cliche but did you try restarting your computer?

Hope this helps :)

All of the above. Combo update and several restarts.

just to add, This is only when hooked up via HDMI to external monitor.

I logged out of this user account, logged into a guest user. Same issues: no sound after waking from sleep. No sound from iTunes, Youtube, any media within Safari. Now if start any Youtube video, it will go for about 10 seconds and then freeze. Nothing brings it back. I can click another video and it will do same, thing, go for about 10 seconds and freeze. No sound, no playback.

Spotlight is not indexing. The issues happen across all user accounts. The youtube videos will play fine if using Chrome. But Safari acts weird as stated above. I am really baffled by this new strange behavior and it all absolutely started after I did the update to 10.8.5. I use my MBP hooked up to my monitor 99% of the time, thus making it almost useless for me. I watch Youtube videos, need sound and cannot resort to restarting each time after waking from sleep.

If I switch sound from HDMI to internal speakers, all the issues go away. Once I switch sound back to HDMI, sound disappears and the Youtube videos freeze almost instantly. I am convinced something happened with the update and HDMI output.

I saw on the Apple support pages, another use is having similar sound issues when hooked up via HDMI. I am guessing that Apple broke HDMI connectivity with this latest update. I just need my MBP working as before. Can I downgrade to 10.8.4? My MBP has been super stable and before 10.8.5.

2011 MBP 13, 16GB ram, 500gb hdd. I'm not running any crazy mods or tweaks. Pretty stock otherwise.

Baffled.

Last edited:

MeUnix

macrumors 6502
Aug 21, 2013
San Francisco
All of the above. Combo update and several restarts.

just to add, This is only when hooked up via HDMI to external monitor.

I logged out of this user account, logged into a guest user. Same issues: no sound after waking from sleep. No sound from iTunes, Youtube, any media within Safari. Now if start any Youtube video, it will go for about 10 seconds and then freeze. Nothing brings it back. I can click another video and it will do same, thing, go for about 10 seconds and freeze. No sound, no playback.

Spotlight is not indexing. The issues happen across all user accounts. The youtube videos will play fine if using Chrome. But Safari acts weird as stated above. I am really baffled by this new strange behavior and it all absolutely started after I did the update to 10.8.5. I use my MBP hooked up to my monitor 99% of the time, thus making it almost useless for me. I watch Youtube videos, need sound and cannot resort to restarting each time after waking from sleep.

If I switch sound from HDMI to internal speakers, all the issues go away. Once I switch sound back to HDMI, sound disappears and the Youtube videos freeze almost instantly. I am convinced something happened with the update and HDMI output.

I saw on the Apple support pages, another use is having similar sound issues when hooked up via HDMI. I am guessing that Apple broke HDMI connectivity with this latest update. I just need my MBP working as before. Can I downgrade to 10.8.4? My MBP has been super stable and before 10.8.5.

2011 MBP 13, 16GB ram, 500gb hdd. I'm not running any crazy mods or tweaks. Pretty stock otherwise.

Baffled.

I don't know what to say... Sounds like there will have to be a 10.8.6 to fix those bugs via external monitors. Hopefully it gets worked out for you.

However, I hooked my MacBook up to my tv via hdmi adapter (my MacBook doesn't have an hdmi port) and it worked well with my external monitor. Honestly, I haven't ran into any issues thus far with the update, but I'm going to mess around some more and see if I encounter any problems.

pat park

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2011
California
I have a cable plugged into the headphone jack and that is going into my desktop speakers. The desktop speakers were originally plugged into my Airport Extreme. This will work temporarily.

Last edited:

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I am annoyed that in 10.8 when I do a search using the magnifying glass (top right of finder) in the list that pops up, if I scroll over a document, there is no indication where this document is located.

In addition, when working in a document, say Pages, there is no menu choice to "Save As", instead I have to duplicate document, rename document, and then move it.

Should I be annoyed or is this user ignorance? Thanks! :)

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
filetype issues

umm...

not really an issue, but i'll count i as one..

"unknown" aac icons in the stack.

Attachments

• stacks.png
    stacks.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 403
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.