Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

the8thark

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 18, 2011
Are PM's to moderators blocked / not allowed?

I ask because when I try to send a PM to a moderator, the PM is said to be sent but the message is not appearing in the sent box. Like when I PM another forum member. This is strange so I'm asking. Just so I know what to do in the future, that's all.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
I ask because when I try to send a PM to a moderator, the PM is said to be sent but the message is not appearing in the sent box

Make sue you have the option checked to save messages in the Sent folder. This is below the PM message window.

Screen%20Shot%202013-08-05%20at%206.29.00%20AM.png

=w=

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2012
Make sue you have the option checked to save messages in the Sent folder. This is below the PM message window.

Hmm, I can't seem to find this.

I have 52 PM's in my Inbox and 3 in my Sent folder. I have replied to every one of those PM's in my Inbox, so i'm unsure why I only have 3 in my Sent folder.

I opened my PM's and went to reply to a PM to find this option and can't find it.

EDIT: Found it on a new message, but it's not there for a reply to a message.

Also, do I have to tick that box every time if I want it to be saved? Is there a way to just save them in general?

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Hmm, I can't seem to find this.

I have 52 PM's in my Inbox and 3 in my Sent folder. I have replied to every one of those PM's in my Inbox, so i'm unsure why I only have 3 in my Sent folder.

I opened my PM's and went to reply to a PM to find this option and can't find it.

EDIT: Found it on a new message, but it's not there for a reply to a message.

Also, do I have to tick that box every time if I want it to be saved? Is there a way to just save them in general?

Yeah, there is an option in UserCP

https://forums.macrumors.com/account/preferences

Screen%20Shot%202013-08-06%20at%208.23.14%20AM.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.