Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
~Shard~ said:
Well, if it's any consolation, your Movado is still a damn fine looking watch iBlue. I understand that it's no Cartier though. :(

you know, i spent a good year or so being pissed off that i "lost" that watch, then i had to remember the old "fight club" wisdom: "eventually the things you own end up owning you." and i have since stopped worrying too much about it.

i do admit that i dig that movado look though, it's just more aesthetically pleasing (to me) than even the cartier was. but hey, they are just watches afterall. so long as i have something to tell me the time, i'm happy.

thanks Shard. :)

Sca1pel

macrumors regular
Apr 9, 2005
armani.jpg

I took this when I first got my watch...looks like **** now :)

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
iBlue said:
you know, i spent a good year or so being pissed off that i "lost" that watch, then i had to remember the old "fight club" wisdom: "eventually the things you own end up owning you." and i have since stopped worrying too much about it.

i do admit that i dig that movado look though, it's just more aesthetically pleasing (to me) than even the cartier was. but hey, they are just watches afterall. so long as i have something to tell me the time, i'm happy.

thanks Shard. :)

Ah yes, Fight Club - excellent movie. :cool:

I'm the same way - I like nice looking watches, and do somewhat treat myself when it comes to watches (nothing crazy though, usually around $200), however at the end of the day I just need something that tells me what time it is. ;)

Xenious

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2004
Texas, USA
Here's mine. I like the cool design. It is from a german company called Teno. I replaced their default band with their leather one.

silverprince_1862_20183326

Mike Teezie

macrumors 68020
Nov 20, 2002
I have a Breitling. I never wear it - it's in a jewlrey case at my parents' house. I'll grab it later and post a shot of it.

I also just inherited a Rolex. Daytona, leather band, white gold case:

616255.jpg

It hasn't made it's way to me yet, I should get it in the next few weeks/months. I'll never wear it either, unless it's dress up time.

I really love them both, the craftsmanship is excellent, and they are beautiful.

They just look kind of goofy(fake) on a 23 year old kid who wears T shirts and Pumas everywhere he goes.

Xenious

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2004
Texas, USA
Mike Teezie said:
I have a Breitling. I never wear it - it's in a jewlrey case at my parents' house. I'll grab it later and post a shot of it.

I also just inherited a Rolex. Daytona, leather band, white gold case:

http://www.pricescan.com/ItemImages/ImagesL/616255.jpg

It hasn't made it's way to me yet, I should get it in the next few weeks/months. I'll never wear it either, unless it's dress up time.

I really love them both, the craftsmanship is excellent, and they are beautiful.

They just look kind of goofy(fake) on a 23 year old kid who wears T shirts and Pumas everywhere he goes.

Rolex Daytona's are awesome! :)

Mike Teezie

macrumors 68020
Nov 20, 2002
Xenious said:
Rolex Daytona's are awesome! :)

I agree, it's a beautiful watch to me.

gwuMACaddict said:
they're also incredibly overpriced for what they are

I agree. Which of these "luxury" watches aren't?

But it's an inheritance, and incredibly sentimental to me as it was my late uncle's.

Dark

macrumors regular
Aug 22, 2005
New Jersey
My dad's big into watches. He is the Vice President of Real Estate Services Wordwide for Tiffany&Co. So he has a bunch of Tiffany watches and Tag's. Ill try to get some pics up soon. However, he recently just bought me my first real watch. A Tag Heuer Formula1 watch.

CAC1110.BT0705.jpg

Manatee

Contributor
Oct 20, 2003
Washington DC
Recent purchases for my wife and myself...
DJ_duo_natural2.jpg

Some of the dressier watches... (Can you tell I love watches? ;))

WatchCase800.jpg

I've also fallen victim to the current Panerai craze...

Panerai640.jpg

And I have a "thing" for Swatches.

Swatch_Two_800.jpg

Hallow_800.jpg

Club_800.jpg

And many others. The Swatch store is a dangerous place for me.

rockthecasbah

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
Moorestown, NJ
watcher2001 said:
Wow, I just went and watched your movie. All I can say is...WOW!! Not good, not bad. just WOW!!!
hahaha a bit off topic, but i made that in like 3 hours with my friend, no reshoots. On a Powerbook G4 with Final Cut Pro of course. Couldn't edit on something worse than that :p

iDM

macrumors 6502a
Bulova

My ex-girlfriend got me this for Christmas a couple of years ago only a different band.

Once upon a time i got drunk took it off and left it on an outdoor table at a friends house. I left the next day for school and figured i had lost it somewhere, and was pretty pissed at myself considering i hadn't even had it for a year. Get a phone call 1 and half years later(from the night of the party) from the persons house i got drunk at. Said their mom was out side moving the outdoor furniture and saw something shiny. Her mom picked it up and noticed it was a watch and a nice one at that. Turns out it was mine, it had sat outside for over a year, through multiple snow falls, rain falls, freezing temps, dew in the morning and everything else that happens outside. I took it to a store got a new battery and the thing still keeps perfect time.

True story.

Attachments

• BULOVA-c.jpg
    BULOVA-c.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 260

Compile 'em all

macrumors 601
Apr 6, 2005
Here is mine. It is a GUESS 10 ATM steel I bought 4 years ago from
Harrods in the UK. Sorry for the low quality pic, I took it with my
phone's cam.

Attachments

• Photo-0226.jpg
    Photo-0226.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 321

Manatee

Contributor
Oct 20, 2003
Washington DC
gwuMACaddict said:
manatee- very nice collection. why mostly rolex and panerai?
Thanks. It started with Rolex -- the GMT II, in 1986, when I could barely afford it. I think that's the basis of my affinity for Rolex. They're also nice and sturdy, and easily marketable if I decide I don't like one.

I only have the two Panerai, and I'm thinking about selling the PAM87 (the big Submersible with the blue dial) because it's just too big and top-heavy for me. I have small wrists.

Lately I'm more into dress watches. There are several I'd like to get. I'm only interested in brands that make their own movements, like Lange, Patek, JLC, and such. No more ETA 2892 or Valjoux 7750 for me.

I don't know if you visit the watch sites, but I'm a regular at TURF (The Ultimate Rolex Forum) http://www.newturfers.com

It's a great site with knowledgable people and a tight community. Stop by and join, if you haven't already.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
casio_gshock_g-shock_cockpit_G-511D-1AVDR_product.jpg

thats mine; a Casio G-Shock anno/digital 20th anniversary - the G511D. from Selfridges for my 18th birthday. £150 - $264

like most people im pretty damaging to my watches so thats why i went for this. its just so shockproof i dont care where i go with this on. my girlfriends got a Baby G :) she wanted one for years then i surprised her on xmas with one and she went crazy! :) i love GShocks though, they're so chunky and tough, i mean it has bull bars!

not a big fan of those really expensive watches. i just dont see the point, apart from the status symbol thing. £150 is my limit and i love my little tank.. i mean watch! :)

Xenious

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2004
Texas, USA
Etrain said:
That is a killer watch Xenious!
:D

Thanks! :) Funny enough it isn't terribly expensive (about $300 I think) and I get all kinds of nice comments from Doctors, Lawyers, etc who are wearing pricier things like the Rolex Daytona (which I also think is a sweet watch).

Deefuzz

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2004
St. Louis, MO
I used to wear watches all the time, I had a few fossil ones that I thought were really nice.

I stopped wearing one for a bit and just never went back. Now I use my pager to check the time when Im at work or on call, and my cell phone when I don't have my pager on me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.