Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joekim1026

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 1, 2011
They don't work for me, anyone else experiencing this?

Also, did they get rid of the music controls on the lock screen when you double click the home button?

Zac7

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2011
They don't work for me, anyone else experiencing this?

Also, did they get rid of the music controls on the lock screen when you double click the home button?

Mine work, I do notice they are smaller and the chance of miss hitting a button is greater.

Double clicking on the lock screen doesn't bring up music controls anymore, but control center can be swiped up from the bottom to access the controls.

joekim1026

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 1, 2011
Mine work, I do notice they are smaller and the chance of miss hitting a button is greater.

Double clicking on the lock screen doesn't bring up music controls anymore, but control center can be swiped up from the bottom to access the controls.

Yeah, mine don't work at all, even with the music app running

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Apple changed it to single clicking.
I believe that's only when music/audio is already playing (and the controls are there almost by default), but if it's not playing (or paused I guess) then I don't think you can bring up music controls on the lock screen without control center.

albertxp06

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2011
California
but if it's not playing (or paused I guess) then I don't think you can bring up music controls on the lock screen without control center.

Oops, forgot that scenario, my bad.

I do wish Apple would allow music controls on the lock screen without control center. Still double clicking Home out of habit

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Oops, forgot that scenario, my bad.

I do wish Apple would allow music controls on the lock screen without control center. Still double clicking Home out of habit
Yeah, it would definitely be very helpful to have that option at least when/if you disable control center on the lock screen.

Jimbo47

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
I'm pretty sure this is an issue with spotify (doesn't happen with Pandora or iTunes Radio) but the timer on both control center and the lock screen counts in the background when the music is paused. The timer appears to stop, however it jumps to where it would've been had the song kept playing on. For instance the timer says 1:35. Pause for 10 seconds, and tap play. The timer jumps to 1:45 whereas the song is technically still on 1:35

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.