Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

orangeillini14

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 1, 2008
I noticed whenever I put an image into my iMove project it slowly zooms in or out. What if I just want it to stay still? How can I do that?

MacGeek7

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2007
That is the Ken Burn's Effect...in iMovie HD select the photo in the timeline then under Media > Photos click the "Show Photo Settings" and uncheck Ken Burn's Effect and then drag the zoom slider all the way to the left.

In the new iMovie click the "Crop, Rotate, and Ken Burns" button and click the button that says "Fit"

orangeillini14

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 1, 2008
That is the Ken Burn's Effect...in iMovie HD select the photo in the timeline then under Media > Photos click the "Show Photo Settings" and uncheck Ken Burn's Effect and then drag the zoom slider all the way to the left.

In the new iMovie click the "Crop, Rotate, and Ken Burns" button and click the button that says "Fit"

Agh, thanks a lot. :) I remember seeing that and didn't know what the heck it meant. :p

roberthuttinger

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2008
wtf. so bad

so first I have to import these images into iphoto (images ill only use this one time) then go into imovie use the images so I can get rid of this useless ken burns effect i do not want, make the movie, then go back to iphoto then delete the images.... real intuitive there Apple. Just let me import images from where I want them to be imported from and dont add effects unless I specify please!

:eek::mad::mad::mad:

cheers.bozietehimooviedisliker

Cameront9

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2006
so first I have to import these images into iphoto (images ill only use this one time) then go into imovie use the images so I can get rid of this useless ken burns effect i do not want, make the movie, then go back to iphoto then delete the images.... real intuitive there Apple. Just let me import images from where I want them to be imported from and dont add effects unless I specify please!

:eek::mad::mad::mad:

cheers.bozietehimooviedisliker

Why do you have to import them? I may be wrong and I'm not in front of my Mac at the moment, but can't you just drag them into the iMovie timeline or something like that? When in doubt, drag and drop....

Also, isn't KBE a global setting? Meaning you don't have to change it for every photo....

roberthuttinger

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2008
Of course I tried that but..

I tried that and every clip got processed with the ken burns (which I normally like) If the clips are in iPhoto, then you can select all the images, then turn off the effect, then import them to the project. but this should be a global setting. wait mb it is... now that I unchecked it, will it honor that if I drag and drop again from the desktop.. ill try...

yes, now it isnt the default yay!

:/

cheers

dbordiano

macrumors newbie
Aug 16, 2010
Ken Burns Effect when importing stills

I have had the same problem.
Here's the easy solution.

Start a new project and before you import any photos (or drag them into the timeline--which is what I do), go to file > project properties...

At the bottom of the window there should be a setting for image stills and the default import setting. Change that and then import away!

You have to do it for every project, but it always works.

Cheers

HarmfulHippo

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2013
Audio

I have a 2 minute audio file and iMovie only plays 11 seconds of it. I'm getting extremely aggravated as I can find no solution anywhere. How are you supposed to lengthen the audio track?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.