Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Munky

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 27, 2011
Running beta 5 right now and I noticed I don't have weather in my "today" view in notification center...and I don't even have the option to turn it on or off... It also doesn't show the next destination thingy either even though it is listed in the settings. Anyone else have this problem?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 182

Munky

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 27, 2011
Here's the today view.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 174

Gogurt48

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2013
Running beta 5 right now and I noticed I don't have weather in my "today" view in notification center...and I don't even have the option to turn it on or off... It also doesn't show the next destination thingy either even though it is listed in the settings. Anyone else have this problem?

Go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services and make sure it's on. Then scroll down and make sure location services for the weather app is on. I've also read that sometimes you might need to reboot the phone for this to work.

Munky

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 27, 2011
So I got the weather working, there is still not an option to turn it on or off but I don't want it off so it's fine.

As for next destination it still isn't there after a reset, but it is switched to on in the settings and it also has a good history of my frequent locations and knows what work and home are already.

Yptcn

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2012
Paris
So to be clear , it's completely different than with iOS 6 where I can have location switched off and stlll have my city weather in notifications ?

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
So to be clear , it's completely different than with iOS 6 where I can have location switched off and stlll have my city weather in notifications ?

In iOS 6, the first location shown (which you can reorder) in the Weather app will show in Notification Center, so yes, it's different. The weather conditions in iOS 7 will only show in Notification Center if you allow Weather you use your location.

Yptcn

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2012
Paris
In iOS 6, the first location shown (which you can reorder) in the Weather app will show in Notification Center, so yes, it's different. The weather conditions in iOS 7 will only show in Notification Center if you allow Weather you use your location.

Thank you !

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
Oh I understand what you said, I was laughing because what you said is wrong.;)

So why not say that instead of trying to instigate an argument? I've yet to allow Weather use my location this entire beta period and the conditions have yet to show. If I allow it to use my location, the conditions appear.

notrack

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2012
Just had the same issue. Enabling location sevice didn't fix it. But then again, I can't find the weather app on my iPad. Lol.

The.316

macrumors 65816
Jul 14, 2010
25100 GR
I have no weather in my notification center either, and I followed all the steps listed in this thread.

Papajuice

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2011
I have no weather in my notification center either, and I followed all the steps listed in this thread.

I opened up the stock weather app and it seemed glitched with no data. I added another zipcode and seemed to break things up. After a reboot seems ok now.

shenfrey

macrumors 68020
May 23, 2010
So maybe you need to stop taking stabs at answers about features that you haven't even used........

Your a real douchebag you know that? I don't care if I get in trouble for calling you that, it's your kind that makes these forums such an unpleasant place and as contradictory as this response may be, I didn't just snap at the guy for a trying to help. So even if he didn't know the accurate answer he at least tried to answer him, or "take a stab" as you graciously call it.

Sort your life out.

Last edited:

michaelfields

macrumors regular
Apr 8, 2010
Your a real douchebag you know that? I don't care if I get in trouble for calling you that, it's your kind that makes these forums such an unpleasant place and as contradictory as this response may be, I didn't just snap at the guy for a trying to help. So even if he didn't know the accurate answer he at least tried to answer him, or "take a stab" as you graciously call it.

Sort your life out.

*High fives*

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
If Weather is using your location, it will show in Notification Center. If its not, it won't show.

Hey guy, we should be laughing here because you're the one who is incorrect. Batting1000 has it right. In iOS7 NC weather displays only your current location.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
And what is "right" then? How do we know that something might be wrong if no one seems to be saying why that is wrong (and thus what is "right")?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.