Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Paulyboy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 26, 2007
I have the Steam version of Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 Platinum for the Mac and can't figure out where to put custom scenarios. When looking in the package contents of the app there's folders for everything but scenarios and creating one didn't help. No matter where I put them nothing shows up when trying to load scenarios within the game.

Any ideas?

-PN

macgames

macrumors member
Apr 12, 2012
I have the Steam version of Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 Platinum for the Mac and can't figure out where to put custom scenarios. When looking in the package contents of the app there's folders for everything but scenarios and creating one didn't help. No matter where I put them nothing shows up when trying to load scenarios within the game.

Any ideas?

-PN

By scenarios, you mean new levels & goals etc, right? Just checking as some people have asked this elsewhere, but they really wanted new scenery, which goes in: (Show package contents) Contents > GameData > Style > Themed.

As for scenarios, in your Macs User folder, go to Documents > Aspyr > Rollercoaster Tycoon Platinum > Start New Scenarios

If there are just 4 folders (AppData, Fireworks, Peeps and Structures) Create a new one called 'Start New Scenarios' and save your scenario files with .dat file extensions in there.

For anyone interested in downloading Rollercoaster tycoon 3 Platinum, we currently have it on sale (until tomorrow!) for £9.95 on MacGames.co.uk

Last edited:

Paulyboy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 26, 2007
By scenarios, you mean new levels & goals etc, right? Just checking as some people have asked this elsewhere, but they really wanted new scenery, which goes in: (Show package contents) Contents > GameData > Style > Themed.

As for scenarios, in your Macs User folder, go to Documents > Aspyr > Rollercoaster Tycoon Platinum > Start New Scenarios

If there are just 4 folders (AppData, Fireworks, Peeps and Structures) Create a new one called 'Start New Structures' and save your scenario files with .dat file extensions in there.

For anyone interested in downloading Rollercoaster tycoon 3 Platinum, we currently have it on sale (until tomorrow!) for £9.95 on MacGames.co.uk

Thanks so much for your help!

-PN

Astroboy907

macrumors 65816
May 6, 2012
Spaceball One
Stacksocial has it the next two weeks for $4.99 Here

I've been playing it for YEARS on a windows partition- I tried to get it to work on a mac, but it was before the intel change so it didn't work... Saw it in an email today and bought it! So happy to run this game on a mac once and for all!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.