Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dalton63841

macrumors 65816
Nov 27, 2010
SEMO, USA

Rule 16. Anyone remember that? Haven't seen the internet rules quoted in some time...

I WANT an 11" MBA a lot, but my Mac buying decisions are largely controlled by the fact that I am poor, so getting a Mac requires saving a LOT. By the time I save enough for a MBA, my logic kicks in and says, "Just save a little more and get a MBP."

As you can tell by my sig, I haven't bought myself a new Mac in some time. I just keep on upgrading this one, although I think it's upgraded about as far as it can go at this point.

DisplacedMic

macrumors 65816
May 1, 2009
Rule 16. Anyone remember that? Haven't seen the internet rules quoted in some time...

I WANT an 11" MBA a lot, but my Mac buying decisions are largely controlled by the fact that I am poor, so getting a Mac requires saving a LOT. By the time I save enough for a MBA, my logic kicks in and says, "Just save a little more and get a MBP."

As you can tell by my sig, I haven't bought myself a new Mac in some time. I just keep on upgrading this one, although I think it's upgraded about as far as it can go at this point.

i feel your pain and i love your computer - i did the same thing with my 08 al MB!

look at it this way, when you do finally pull the trigger you will NEVER say to yourself "man, i really wish i hadn't waited and had just got something sooner"

no - you'll say "worth the wait and definitely worth not being in debt over"

good for you for being financially wise. People such as yourself don't generally stay poor long. Not many people spend themselves out of poverty!
good luck

plucky duck

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2012
13" is more practical if it's your one and only computer and you value practicality over mobility. For me, I have a 27" iMac sitting at home so I went with the "two extreme" route, largest computer at home and smallest for portability. I tend to take my Air with me whenever I go over to my sibblings place, and when I travel.

The 11" Air has that mysterious allure, I get sucked into time and time again when weighing it against the 13". All logic and senses went out the window, I simply went with my gut instinct, and to this day a year later I am not disappointed in my decision to pick one over the other.

Enjoy your Air, it truly provides a unique user experience.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.