Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Original poster
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
Hi,

Just browsing the forums and my mouse hovered on the 'Roundups' tab at the top. Is it time for them to be updated, or at least hidden?

They're getting on to be a year old (iPad mini, Mac mini, iMac and 13" rMBP). Maybe after the event they should be hidden until the roundups for the next event?

Just may be a bit confusing for people who don't use the site as much as other people.

I'm sure you're working on it, but I'd recommend roundups for the iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C, iPad 5, iPad mini 2 and maybe Haswell Macs.

Thanks.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Yep, they are embarrassingly outdated. We are on the verge of relaunching them and hope to keep them up to date going forward.

arn

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Original poster
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
Yep, they are embarrassingly outdated. We are on the verge of relaunching them and hope to keep them up to date going forward.

arn

Cool, sounds great! The roundup for the iPad mini was where I directed all my friends whenever they mentioned the mini iPad :p

cclloyd

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2011
Alpha Centauri A
Great that they're being updated, but don't you think you should hide it in the meantime, that way people notice it's gone, and then when it's back again, they will look at it for sure. Or at least some way for people to know it has new content.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Hi,

Just browsing the forums and my mouse hovered on the 'Roundups' tab at the top. Is it time for them to be updated, or at least hidden?

They're getting on to be a year old (iPad mini, Mac mini, iMac and 13" rMBP). Maybe after the event they should be hidden until the roundups for the next event?

Just may be a bit confusing for people who don't use the site as much as other people.

I'm sure you're working on it, but I'd recommend roundups for the iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C, iPad 5, iPad mini 2 and maybe Haswell Macs.

Thanks.

Great that they're being updated, but don't you think you should hide it in the meantime, that way people notice it's gone, and then when it's back again, they will look at it for sure. Or at least some way for people to know it has new content.

The new roundups are up. https://www.macrumors.com/roundup/

We are hoping to keep this running this time :)

arn

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
The new roundups are up. https://www.macrumors.com/roundup/

We are hoping to keep this running this time :)

arn
Speaking of Roundups, I've noticed that if I accidentally tap the Roundups link on the iPad (viewing standard site, not mobile), the dropdown menu appears and there is no way to close it without refreshing the page. I usually accidentally tap it when trying to tap Forum Spy. Any way to fix that?

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Speaking of Roundups, I've noticed that if I accidentally tap the Roundups link on the iPad (viewing standard site, not mobile), the dropdown menu appears and there is no way to close it without refreshing the page. I usually accidentally tap it when trying to tap Forum Spy. Any way to fix that?

ya, I can look into that.

arn

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.