Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tokyo1138

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 11, 2013
Like the. Title says are there people that still have an ipod touch 4th or 5th gen) next to there iphone? (4 or5). Or is such a thing overated?

12vElectronics

macrumors 68040
Jul 19, 2013
California
I'd get one. The fact that so many of my external devices connect to an iPod, I would use the touch dedicated to that as I don't like to have my phone connected to everything.

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
Like the. Title says are there people that still have an ipod touch 4th or 5th gen) next to there iphone? (4 or5). Or is such a thing overated?
There are reasons to have both. One is to not drain the phone battery as fast. It's all personal preference as well as the ability to carry both and the funds to support buying excess equipment.

blackhand1001

macrumors 68030
Jan 6, 2009
Honestly, Its a waste of time. Your much better off picking up something like the new nexus 7 for the same price as the 5th gen ipod touch without the camera.

imejh

macrumors member
Mar 4, 2013
I have a iPhone 5 and iPod 5. To some people it probably may appear redundant, and wasteful, to own devices that similar in nature, but I use both devices everyday and they serve the purpose I need. I am able, therefore I do.

chickenwingfly

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2012
ipod touch 4th
I do, but only because I got it before an iPhone.
I use it for mobile music production mostly and that's because I'll keep it till the battery dies.
Otherwise I see no point, unless you like throwing away money or you're rich. There is really no point on having both as the iPhone outperforms the iPod touch and does the same and more.
Unless of course you had an iPhone 3G and wanted an iPod Touch 5 because you want the latest iOS and so on.. but I think that's not the intended outcome for your question.

Ffosse

macrumors 68000
Nov 5, 2012
I've got the 64Gb 5th Gen. Touch because it's svelte..and looks cool.

I have 2 smartphones, but there will always be a place for my Touch.

Tokyo1138

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 11, 2013
I would get the iPod Nano instead...you could listen to music, connect it to a dock or just use it for the radio - something the iPod Touch & the iPhone lack.

thanks for all your guys reply btw. and mathbunny i know what you mean. i do love the iphone in general. (dont own the 5 yet, my bro does. butc im waiting for 5s) but the thing i truelly hate (and i do mean it) that it wont go and include an fm radio :eek::mad::(. the are willing to make such and expensve Phone and they couldnt include THAT in its design... :confused: (get on his knees and shakes fists in the air) JJJOOOBBBSSS!!!! :p :rolleyes: :apple:

chickenwingfly

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2012
but the thing i truelly hate (and i do mean it) that it wont go and include an fm radio :eek::mad::(.
You tell me!
I'm about to order some cheapo chinese usb-FM radio thingy because I'm always in need of one.
Who knows if someday they'll include one. But perhaps they'll go on their way to say "use internet radio". But of course, this is going totally off-topic here :p

oldhifi

macrumors 65816
Jan 12, 2013
USA
IPod

yes I will buy a IPod to go with my IPhone, IPad Mini, and
Mac Mini, you can't have too much.. :p

Tokyo1138

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 11, 2013
You tell me!
I'm about to order some cheapo chinese usb-FM radio thingy because I'm always in need of one.
Who knows if someday they'll include one. But perhaps they'll go on their way to say "use internet radio". But of course, this is going totally off-topic here :p
well duh, but know i run maintance for a mayor university here in europe and know. the almost 90% of the time im so deep in the building im nev er having a stable connection... and there no way they give us guys an wifi connection to use unlimited with interNet radio and such... i like using tunein and such things. never tried spotify. but thry dont offer an free "ad" version. i wouldnt mind that... im deaf to the commercials anyways... :p:rolleyes::cool:

tgi

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2012
There's nothing wrong with getting any iPod if you own an iPhone.

-People want a device for music only (playing at home, gym, running, working out).

-Don't have to store MP3's on phone, thus having more storage for other things.

MathBunny123

macrumors regular
thanks for all your guys reply btw. and mathbunny i know what you mean. i do love the iphone in general. (dont own the 5 yet, my bro does. butc im waiting for 5s) but the thing i truelly hate (and i do mean it) that it wont go and include an fm radio :eek::mad::(. the are willing to make such and expensve Phone and they couldnt include THAT in its design... :confused: (get on his knees and shakes fists in the air) JJJOOOBBBSSS!!!! :p :rolleyes: :apple:

EXACTLY...but hey, it's Apple. They make weird choices sometimes. :p

Brittany246

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2013
I think it's a waste of money. If I needed another iPod for whatever reason, I'd get a used or refurbished Nano.

raccoonboy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
Now i want to get rid of both and buy blackberry to use with My Ipad.

Iphone email is an abomination.

IpadSC400

macrumors 6502a
Feb 7, 2013
A mile high
Well, I use all of my devices and I have 4 iPhone 4's, one a 4s, and I have around 20 iPod Touches, a shuffle, a nano, along with an iPad. Macbook is next.
But of course, since I fix/sell them, it all makes sense. lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.