Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MVRL

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 17, 2011
so, anyway, I was wondering if there's a built-in flashlight app in iOS7, and if Siri can activate more apps now. Thanks!

I am not sure if people are familiar with this app called the Automator on the MacBooks, but I use it a lot on my MBP. It basically let's you set up macros very easily. If they were able to integrate that app into iOS7 and add custom speech recognition.. Life would be so amazing.

FreeState

macrumors 68000
Jun 24, 2004
San Diego, CA
so I suppose there is one and you could voice activate it?

No, its in the new control center, you swipe up from the bottom, regardless what app or lock screen your on and its there. Takes less than a second to get to. Using Siri to turn it on, if it we possible, would take about 10 times as long.

MVRL

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 17, 2011
No, its in the new control center, you swipe up from the bottom, regardless what app or lock screen your on and its there. Takes less than a second to get to. Using Siri to turn it on, if it we possible, would take about 10 times as long.

that's a shame. I was hoping to be able to say "let there be light!" and it would fire up the flashlight app..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.