Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tymaster50

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
Tis a thing of beauty, now if they would fix the scaled wallpapers cause it looks even worse on iPad.

lsutigerfan1976

macrumors 68030
Sep 14, 2012
Actually that was suppose to be a feature of iOS 7. But I have not seen it. For example, if I check my email on my phone. It is suppose to show on my iPad that it was checked already. But it doesn't do that though.

BadaBing!!

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2010
Actually that was suppose to be a feature of iOS 7. But I have not seen it. For example, if I check my email on my phone. It is suppose to show on my iPad that it was checked already. But it doesn't do that though.

Same here .. Maybe not enabled yet

SanjeevRana

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2011
This has been a feature ever since iOS 5...

What ? I think you read it backwards :)

The feature introduced with iOS7 is notification sync which (if used fully) should sync the same set of notifications across multiple devices.

So if I swipe away a new email alert on iphone, the same alert on the iPad should disappear as well.

This does not happen for iCloud. What you are seing is the server side implementation for Exchange, etc where when you read an email, its marked read on server side thus pushing the same state to other devices using the same email (Nothing to do with the notification sync)

lsutigerfan1976

macrumors 68030
Sep 14, 2012

The feature introduced with iOS7 is notification sync which (if used fully) should sync the same set of notifications across multiple devices.

So if I swipe away a new email alert on iphone, the same alert on the iPad should disappear as well.

This does not happen for iCloud. What you are seing is the server side implementation for Exchange, etc where when you read an email, its marked read on server side thus pushing the same state to other devices using the same email (Nothing to do with the notification sync)

This is what I was talking about. Notifications should now sync across all of your iOS 7 devices. But they don't on my ipad and iPhone. Perhaps it has not been fully implemented yet. But it does not quite work like they showed in the presentation when they showed off iOS 7.

spacehog371

macrumors regular
Dec 13, 2003

I didn't read it backwards... he said

For example, if I check my email on my phone. It is suppose to show on my iPad that it was checked already.

To me, it seems like he is saying that the email showing as read wasn't syncing. "Checking email" does not at all mean the same thing as "Swipe the notification on the lock screen."

mc751n

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2009
I was looking forward to notification syncing since the keynote showed it on one of their slides, however it has yet to work on my iPhone or iPad either :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.