Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dennisjr631

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2009
I just purchased a 128gb iPad today. The rumors say that the iPad 5 will have almost no bezel around the screen like the mini iPad. I can't stand that on the iPad mini so I wanted to get a iPad before they change it.

rpearlberg

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2010
besides the smaller/no bezel, what will the iPad 5 have over the current one? I want to buy one soon, but maybe I'll wait if it'll be significantly better...

kristalsoldier

macrumors 6502a
Aug 10, 2013
besides the smaller/no bezel, what will the iPad 5 have over the current one? I want to buy one soon, but maybe I'll wait if it'll be significantly better...

For one thing, it is rumoured that the iPad 5 will be lighter and may sport a more powerful processor. But all this is speculation pending a firm announcement from Apple.

akshep

macrumors member
Dec 2, 2010
Once you return it to RadioShack they return it to the supplier for a credit on it. You can't buy it again. We have a 30 day return policy on almost everything except cell phones but that's because the carriers do not have a 30 day policy anymore.

Source: I work at RadioShack.

thekb

macrumors 6502a
May 8, 2010
Apple's generosity and customer service is built into their prices. The more it's abused, the more we all pay.

I've only returned one item to Apple ever - an Apple TV that I decided to replace after a few days with a Mac Mini.

(And I've since bought two more Apple TVs for other uses)

I was traveling with my AppleTV last year, but didn't take my remote because I planned to use my iphone Remote app to cover it. Well, I didn't realize you had to have the actual Apple remote to initiate it again after being unplugged a while, so I was screwed.

I hated to spend $20 for something I would need for all of 30 seconds, so I went to the Apple store and asked if they'd have pity and let me buy a remote, and return it within about an hour. I even offered to "buy" one of their used display remotes, so I wouldn't mess up a new one. They said, "No problem" just buy a new one and return it when you're done. They were very agreeable and didn't have to help me at all, so I was very grateful.

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
You could just never upgrade for fear of better device being release in the near future.....and then maybe you would realize you could live without all the gadgetry.

There is a difference between waiting because the new iPad is a month or so away and waiting because the new iPad is a year away.

Parkin Pig

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2009
Yorkshire-by-Gum
So yesterday I bought my ipad 4 from radioshack... I know the 5 is coming out in October the latest but I figured since they have a 30day return policy that I would return it a couple times till the ipad 5 release... This sounds wrong I know but I'm impatient and I wanted your advice..

Any advice is good. Thanks:apple:

See your doctor and get checked out for ADHD. If you abuse customer service long enough it'll get taken away from legitimate users.

nStyle

macrumors 65816
Dec 6, 2009
See your doctor and get checked out for ADHD. If you abuse customer service long enough it'll get taken away from legitimate users.

No it won't... they'll just tell him no. Not that complicated.

If you want to "rent" something - do it from Walmart. They don't get your name or anything when you return. If everything is there and in tact they can't and won't have a reason to deny you. Everyone could "rent" things if they wanted - but after a while it just doesn't make sense, which is why it isn't really a problem to retailers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.