Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zerocustom1989

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 5, 2007
I downloaded a free sampler album a while back and I pretty much hated all of the songs. I've removed these songs from my iTunes Purchased list, but they still show up in my iOS Music app. I'd like to get rid of em some how. Is this possible?

Note, I'm not using iTunes Match. This is just normal "purchased songs available to stream" scenario.

jtfolden

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2002
Springfield, Ohio
I downloaded a free sampler album a while back and I pretty much hated all of the songs. I've removed these songs from my iTunes Purchased list, but they still show up in my iOS Music app. I'd like to get rid of em some how. Is this possible?

Note, I'm not using iTunes Match. This is just normal "purchased songs available to stream" scenario.

Can't you just swipe left on each track and tap delete? ...or did you sync them from iTunes originally?

omgwut

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2006
In Settings > iTunes & App Store try toggling either or both the Show All Music & Automatic Music Downloads buttons to off and see if that helps. You might have to quit the Music app via double-pressing the home button and swiping up in the background app manager first, then opening it again to force the changes.

zerocustom1989

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 5, 2007
The songs have those smaller "cloud" icons next to them making them available to stream and download.

This means they've been 'deleted' and I cant swipe on them anymore.

I tried the settings fix. Toggling the setting to off caused the songs to disappear from the app, but toggling the switch back on caused them to return.

Is it even possible to stop purchased songs from appearing in the music app?

omgwut

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2006
Yeah it is, I did it with an album I purchased and didn't want but I can't remember how. Did you hide the unwanted purchase from within the OSX iTunes store? Maybe you already did this but I'm not sure if that's what you meant. You can visit your purchase history in the iTunes store and click on unwanted purchased items to hide them, or unhide them later on your account settings page. If that's been done and those two buttons have been toggled to off in the iOS settings and its still happening, I don't know what else to say. Sorry.

----------

For what its worth I use iTunes Match, and I think what I did was hid the unwanted item in my purchase history and right-clicked & deleted it from iCloud in my OSX iTunes library. It disappeared from my album grid view there, and then I just updated iTunes Match to force sync the changes in the cloud over to iOS and the album disappeared there, too.

Risco

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2010
United Kingdom
Go in to iTunes on the computer and open up the store and browse to your purchased songs. Then to the far right you will see an X, click it and this will hide it from the cloud. You can restore by loading up your account in iTunes and choosing to restore hidden purchases in the manage section.

HarryAinslie

macrumors regular
Feb 2, 2011
Doncaster, England, UK
I know what you mean, i'm not sure there is a way though.

My mrs downloaded the 12 days of christmas app and downloaded to mini cartoons. Does my tits in when i scroll through my movies and see that crap. LoL.

Hopefully there is a way to delete them for good, however i don't think it can be done as iTunes in the cloud is about keeping everything you've ever downloaded.

Risco

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2010
United Kingdom
I know what you mean, i'm not sure there is a way though.

My mrs downloaded the 12 days of christmas app and downloaded to mini cartoons. Does my tits in when i scroll through my movies and see that crap. LoL.

Hopefully there is a way to delete them for good, however i don't think it can be done as iTunes in the cloud is about keeping everything you've ever downloaded.

Read my post right up yours! :eek:

zerocustom1989

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 5, 2007
With the switch off I no longer see the songs, but it applies to all songs, even the ones I have not 'hidden'.

Note: I know the hiding action worked because I no longer see those items in my purchase history on iOS.

For now I don't mind leaving the switch off, but I was hoping my 'hidden' purchases would not appear been with the switch on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.