Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zvezdochots

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 29, 2013
Moscow, Russia
Hello, guys! I want to share my thoughts about iOS 7 with you and discuss the new Apple mobile OS, it's advantages, disadvantages and, especially, design.
I have an iPad 2, I was using iOS 7 Beta 2-6 on it during last months. The first problem is that it works really slow. Despite the many improvements in performance in comparison with the first beta, it works not so fast as iOS 6.
The second point is a design. It's very ambiguous. Whose idea was to make white icons and thin fonts without effects at the desktop? Notes.app is ugly, white background in all default apps is unusable.
This is only my opinion and I want to hear your thoughts about iOS 7.

mirzank

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2008
With the first few betas we couldnt be sure if the "every two weeks" releases were co-incidence, r planned by apple. Well it seems they are planned and beta 7 will drop today on time.

When dev centre went down and we didnt get a timely release, everybody was arguin about whether there was going to be a release that got delayed, or no release at all. The next beta dropped 3 weeks later. Confusion. But then the beta after that dropped a week later. Putting theschedule on a bi-monthly timeline when you take out the exceptional event. Also, its not just bi-weekly, but rather apple has internal deadlines for dates they want to release betas on. Otherwise beta 5 and 4 would have had a two week gap instead of one week gap.

We have enough datapoints now to infer that the releases are intended to be every two weeks. Unless something ezceptional comes up. Like the dev centre being down. Or the bug fix in beta 6.

So beta 7 will drop tonight. And if it does, i really really hope we can stop this ridiculous habit of starting multiple threads before a new release to disicuss if we think it will happen or not.

mirzank

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2008
I don't see why you made a thread about this. The whole subforum 'iOS 7' is about thoughts and discussion.. :D

hahahahahaha.

when i first read the thread title i initially thought he was starting a meta discussion thread. a discussion about the discussions.

bchery21

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2009
Boston, MA
^

I seriously thought the same thing.:D

EDIT: That being said, zvezdochots may be right; beta 7 may drop today.

Last edited:

iMacBooked

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2013
4 8 15 16 23 42 ✈
hahahahahaha.

when i first read the thread title i initially thought he was starting a meta discussion thread. a discussion about the discussions.
Indeed, lol! :D Most useless thread ever here IMO. Maybe someone should post a new FAQ for dummies, starting with: (a) what is a (sub)forum, (b) what is a thread, (c) what am I doing here at all when I have to read this. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.