Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

ios_7_icon-250x249.jpg
BGR reports that Apple is planning to launch the seventh beta version of iOS 7 today.
We are told by our trusted sources that Apple has once again seeded a new build of iOS 7 to partners, and that it should be released to developers later today. We can confirm the build number is much higher than the previous beta, and we would assume that iOS 7 beta 7 should be distributed and made available for developers around 1:00 p.m. EDT, as usual.
Last week, the site reported that today would see the launch of iOS beta 6, but just hours later the new beta made an unusual late-day appearance. iOS 7 beta 6 was, however, an emergency bug fix for iTunes in the Cloud issues, and thus appears to have been an unexpected addition to Apple's release schedule, bumping back the originally planned beta 6 to a beta 7 arriving today.

According to BGR's previous report, the beta version being released today is planned to be the final version seeded to developers before a golden master version begins making its way to Apple employees and partners around September 5. That golden master would then be made available to developers following Apple's rumored iPhone media event on September 10, with a release to the public happening perhaps a week or so later just prior to the launch of new iPhone hardware.

Update: Apple's usual 10:00 AM Pacific release time has passed with no sign of iOS 7 beta 7.

Article Link: iOS 7 Beta 7 Reportedly Launching for Developers Today [Updated]

uttamo

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2011
Can someone who's had access to these betas tell me what iOS 7 is like? Does it feel solid? What do you think of its design?

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
Will Apple release beta 7 today or will Tim Cook troll us again?

(that is a reference to a thread in the iOS 7 subforum)

rodpascoe

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2006
Truro, Cornwall
Really?

They must have made a load of bug fixes in the last two weeks then because much as i like the new iOS it's still FULL of bugs (and big bugs at that)

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
Can someone who's had access to these betas tell me what iOS 7 is like? Does it feel solid? What do you think of its design?

There's plenty of this in the iOS 7 forum, but the short of it is, for me, the design is a mixed bag. Love the minimalism, animations, lack of skeuomorphism; hate the icons, music app, and color scheme. It's pretty solid on an iPhone 5.

jmh600cbr

macrumors 65816
Feb 14, 2012
If this is the final release I hope it has a bunch of changes. Everyday I find glitches and issues that need fixing.

Northgrove

macrumors 65816
Aug 3, 2010
I'm thinking of moving to iOS 7 early now. I mean, early as in omg-I-can't-wait-for-the-announcement. Beta 7 ought to be solid enough on an iPhone 5.

rikardors

macrumors member
Apr 8, 2013
Concepcion, Chile
itunes beta necessary ?

Ok, so I installed the iOS 7 BETA 6, on mi iPhone 4S but didn't synchronized any music, my question forum is... do I have to have the itunes beta 2 also to get all my music synchronized and apps on my iPhone? because I heard lots of people like me, not even able to sync their devices.

mcfly88

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2012
Let's hope the random Safari crashing is fixed.
It's weird, I keep seeing people talk about this.. yet have I literally have had no issues! the iTunes Store app is the one I've really been having problems with.

Northgrove

macrumors 65816
Aug 3, 2010
If this is the final release I hope it has a bunch of changes. Everyday I find glitches and issues that need fixing.
The actual final release will be the GM (supposedly to be done on September 5), so even if this is the final beta, Apple has some time for fixes after this one. Not that I'd expect more than a typical beta-from-beta number of changes, since even September 5 is getting close!

shartypants

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2010
Wow, that is fast. Golden Master? I can't wait to see when this comes out to the general public and then see what the adoption rate will be.

Merkie

macrumors 68020
Oct 23, 2008
Beta 5 is already very stable on the iPhone 5, but not so much on the iPad, so I hope beta 7 will take care of that.

JayCee842

macrumors 6502a
Jan 21, 2013
I doubt it's the final release. It is still a bit buggy, and there are about 20 days left until the debut of the new iPhone. One more after this one maybe?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.