Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

The very popular World of Goo has finally been updated with support for the iPhone 5's 16:9 screen (via Macgasm).

The $2.99 puzzler, which our sister site TouchArcade named as iPad Game of the Year in 2010, has players manufacturing bridges and towers out of balls of goo to help other balls of goo reach a particular end point.

worldofgoo.png
From the TouchArcade review:
At first, World of Goo is about manufacturing bridges and towers with the stretched tissue of little balls of goo. The point is to provide a path that other goo balls can follow into a metal pipe, the end point. Physics play a key role in this process: you'll need to build sound structures, which sounds easier than it is. Goo isn't concrete.

Each level requires a set number of goo balls to reach the pipe, and each goo ball you use for a structure counts against the total provided. This constant negotiation of goo resources is pleasing because it forces you to think around the obvious solution, which is often one of brute building.
World of Goo is available for $2.99 on the iPhone, $4.99 on the iPad, and $9.99 on the Mac. [Direct Links: iPhone, iPad, Mac]

Article Link: World of Goo Updated With iPhone 5 Support

LastLine

macrumors 65816
Aug 24, 2005
New flash - Major Developer releases update for new device 9 months after indie developers, other major companies, and just about every other app on the store...

Icaras

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2008
I already own this on my Mac. The only way they'll get me to buy the iPhone version is if they include icloud support.

befrank4444

macrumors newbie
Aug 13, 2013
Wow... Took such a long time to update...

And I only thought it was for the iPhone. Wasn't even aware it was available on the Mac. Not buying there, but cool.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.