Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

johnseattle

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 30, 2013
It does actually make ios6 look old. I'm not saying I like it better but it's more modern for sure.

zbarvian

macrumors 68010
Jul 23, 2011
iOS 6 has looked old, but old isn't worse. iOS 6 was far more polished and frankly just better designed.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
The Traditional Apple New Product/Software release cycle.

-Apple announces new product/software
- User base moans, bitches and complains without knowing anything about the product and how Steve Jobs would have never let that happen.

- The product/software is actually released

- user base again complains, bitches and moans before they even use the product/software.

- a few weeks pass and everyone falls in love with the product.

- Millions of units are sold.

haydn!

macrumors 65816
Nov 10, 2008
UK
This is all we need, another icon thread... Jeez, I wish Apple had releases beta 7 today! :(

G-Force

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2006
I didn't like the icons at all, but after using iOS 7 for a while now I like them. Looks much better on the actual screen than screenshots.

JobsGang

macrumors regular
Aug 18, 2013
The Traditional Apple New Product/Software release cycle.

-Apple announces new product/software
- User base moans, bitches and complains without knowing anything about the product and how Steve Jobs would have never let that happen.

- The product/software is actually released

- user base again complains, bitches and moans before they even use the product/software.

- a few weeks pass and everyone falls in love with the product.

- Millions of units are sold.

So true.Its hilarious to read the old threads on the leaked iPhone 4 and the ipad 1 threads.

cmichaelb

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2008
Italy
It does actually make ios6 look old. I'm not saying I like it better but it's more modern for sure.

Flat is not modern. That design language is very old. Everything has gone flat and now iOS looks like everything else.

It's losing it's uniqueness.

Fzang

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2013
The one thing I can't get over about the new icons, is the loss of the drop shadow. I LOVED THAT SHADOW.

Now it's actually possible to blend the icons and wallpapers 100%. What happened to these "layers" I was promised?

Damolee

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2012
I'm more surprised people are so concerned about them. Who cares, you just click on them to get into stuff.

It's the "stuff" that concerns me. All of those white backgrounds hurt my eyes.

bp1000

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2011
I've never been a fan of the new icons

I find them completely out of balance in design and symmetry. The hues on some of the icons like music, video and mail is pretty bad. Safari is the worst with its stuffed circle 2 tone look. Settings is very fussy as well.

There are some very decent alternative icon sets to show a toned down and more balanced set of icons, maintaining to simplicity and the new direction ios7 wants to take.

design-ios7-full-banner2-800x600.png

ios-7-safari-icon.png

iOS7-AirDrop-Large.png

untitled-3.jpg

ios7-icon-safari-800x600_1x.png

ios-7---dribbble-preview.png

MarcusCarpenter

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2013
London
I've never been a fan of the new icons

I find them completely out of balance in design and symmetry. The hues on some of the icons like music, video and mail is pretty bad. Safari is the worst with its stuffed circle 2 tone look. Settings is very fussy as well.

There are some very decent alternative icon sets to show a toned down and more balanced set of icons, maintaining to simplicity and the new direction ios7 wants to take.

Sorry i don't mean to be rude and i totally appreciate your post. but i disagree i think Apples icons look better than those, i do agree they could improve them in terms of colour but change them ? no.

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
iOS 6 is has a more polished design, unfortunately you have to wait for iOS 8 for a more polished version of the new design.

Brittany246

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2013
I still think iOS 7 looks like ****, but I've gotten used to it... I'll just hide all of the icons, and jailbreak it to somehow get rid of the opaque dock.

Trius

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2008
Or a sign of liking something that works well and doesn't necessarily need any changing simply for the sake of changing.

Like it or not, things change. Embrace it and enjoy all of the new things, or resist and be left behind.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.