Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sarasotatim

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 20, 2013
Hey guys! Question......I've heard that parallax effect will not work with iPhone 4...does that apply to 4S as well? On my 4S, the effect is there, but VERY minimal.....there are settings to minimize it in accessibility of course, but they are off, so if it's supported, it should be working.

The videos I'm seeing show a much great depth effect. Is this because it's viewed on an iPhone 5?

Thanks!

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.
Hey guys! Question......I've heard that parallax effect will not work with iPhone 4...does that apply to 4S as well? On my 4S, the effect is there, but VERY minimal.....there are settings to minimize it in accessibility of course, but they are off, so if it's supported, it should be working.

The videos I'm seeing show a much great depth effect. Is this because it's viewed on an iPhone 5?

Thanks!

It works the same on the 4S as it does on the 5.

Trius

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2008
It works on my 4s. It's a pretty subtle effect. I think different wallpapers work better than others.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
The video demos of how parallax works and the reality of it are not the same. I keep parallax turned off on my phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.