Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do you think iPad will offer colour options?

• Full size iPad will also offer champagne, Mini with multiple colours?

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Full size iPad & Mini will also offer champagne as additional?

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • Full size iPad & Mini in various colours?

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • No additional colours for Full size iPad, mini picks up colours?

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • Same options as present iPad line up?

Votes: 21 46.7%

• Total voters

daywiz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 12, 2012
You guys think iPad will pick up colour options like iPhone?

chemicalx

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2013
I really love the color option, it's even better if the future iPad has thing like the kickstand (in HTC HD7), so that I won't need a case no more :D
ku-xlarge.jpg

daywiz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 12, 2012
Doubtful given Apple's push for their color Smart Cover's

But don't you think with Apple introducing "Champagne Gold" for the iPhone..its a likely option at least for the full size iPad. Like a three colour offering?

----------

I really love the color option, it's even better if the future iPad has thing like the kickstand (in HTC HD7), so that I won't need a case no more :D

Unfortunately, with so many accessories, cases and Smart Cover options available, i don't think a kick stand is being introduced anytime soon. The full-size ipad is going on a possible diet, so no way a kickstand is going to come back in, even if it only a few grams heavier.

daywiz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 12, 2012
No the same black and white options. If they were we would have seen some leaks by now.

Not necessarily, that we have to see leaks. Until sometime back, the iPhone "champagne" or "gold" colour was only a rumour. Slate wasn't an option till iPhone 5 came out, after which the Mini picked it up.

There is still an outside chance, the full-size iPad might pick up the champagne colour to help make it a unique and a further differentiation from the mini.

----------

I really can't see it happening.

There is no reason why the iPad full-size can't pick up, creating a 3 colour approach.

JUiCEJamie

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2011
Hmmm.. I've been thinking about this a lot!

With Apple's #1 flagship device now shipping in Gold. What about the iPads? I did a quick search on MR, and this thread came up..
I think a device made my Apple really has to mature, or really be a suited product to come in colours, otherwise they won't do it at all.

The reason the transparent-Mac was in colours is because this gave the device a more premium feel than just plastic.

iPod speaks for itself.

But iPad? iPad with Retina display is a staple business device, a great consumer device and a device hitting the educated system hard. But 1 or maybe 2 or these isn't appropriate for colours.

iPad mini? It's by far a "funner" device than the standard iPad due to its size. But a palette of colours? I think it's too soon.

Gold, Silver and Space Grey for both I think.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.