Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrGIS

macrumors regular
Jul 30, 2010
Ontario Canada
I just bought a mac mini but it hasn't arrived yet. I am looking for a monitor. I was hoping for one that had a built in web cam, mic and speakers for around $200.

I found some and one brand's web cam didn't work with mac. Another had the webcam and microphone. Some that had all the features that I wanted were over 24 inches. I don't know whether it is best to buy all this separately or if anyone knows of one that would work.

I would like 18.5 - 21 inches.
I am not going to watch dvds or use it like a tv. I am used to having an imac from 2006 and the quality is fine. I use the computer for email, internet, office documents. I would like to be able to use skype.

If you have an info for me, I'm thanking you in advance. It has been a long afternoon and I haven't found anything.

I am a big fan of dell ultrasharp monitors. They are frequently on sale. Many of the 22-24 inch models are affordable sale or not.

zipur

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2011
The great state of Texas
I'm thinking about getting the 27' inch version of this one for my mini.
c03579507.png

D
oes anyone have this, i have a soft spot for HP and i like the look.

MJL

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2011
The 2713 offers much more workspace though.

It depends on what you do - this ratio saved me from having two monitors side by side with the edges in the middle and having to jump between the two screens. From personal experience I can tell you I much prefer this above two screens side by side. I have also the U2713H for another purpose. Horses for causes.

fig

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2012
Austin, TX
It depends on what you do - this ratio saved me from having two monitors side by side with the edges in the middle and having to jump between the two screens. From personal experience I can tell you I much prefer this above two screens side by side. I have also the U2713H for another purpose. Horses for causes.

And I'm the exact opposite, for coding and graphic work I find it ideal to be able to split palettes or code/view windows to different screens.

The difference in horizontal display area between a widescreen display like the 2913 and two smaller 1080p displays is also pretty significant, you gain almost 1300 pixels in width with the two smaller screens.

ioannis2005gr

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2013
Europe
I am a big fan of dell ultrasharp monitors. They are frequently on sale. Many of the 22-24 inch models are affordable sale or not.

I think this is a good one, too!

http://www.eizo.com/global/products/flexscan/ev2436w/index.html#tab02

EIZO EV2436W ...it is one of the first “flicker-free” monitors that avoids using LEDs with PWM.

(also read this: http://www.flatpanelshd.com/review.php?subaction=showfull&id=1373355929 )

- 24.1"
- 1920 × 1200 resolution
- IPS Panel

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.