Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CosmoPilot

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 8, 2010
South Carolina
FaceTime or Normal contacts.

I like the transparent look of FT's contacts. I understand it has a video image behind it. Just really digging that look. The normal could incorporate that same transparency depending on the background image at the time.

Thoughts?

Trius

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2008
I agree. I just noticed this the other day and it's pretty slick. I'm growing more and more fond of the transparency in iOS7 as I use it.

FSMBP

macrumors 68030
Jan 22, 2009
FaceTime or Normal contacts.

I like the transparent look of FT's contacts. I understand it has a video image behind it. Just really digging that look. The normal could incorporate that same transparency depending on the background image at the time.

Thoughts?

Normal for me. The video transparency for normal contacts seems like it would be overkill. It reminds me of when Steve Jobs debuted 10.5 Leopard and the "reflective" Dock - served no purpose but eye-candy (and bad eye-candy at that).

CosmoPilot

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 8, 2010
South Carolina
Yeah, FT is slick.

Would be cool to provide transparency over the screen behind it. If on a home screen, it would be the background. If accessing contacts through messages or phone app, that would be the background.

This would provide some depth JI discussed during the keynote.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.