Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WJKramer

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 8, 2008
I've read that proper solution for the iPhone 5 using the parallax feature is 1040x1526 to account for the movement. The standard resolution of 640x1136 will result in a zoomed, slightly blurry, image. Has anyone experienced this? What world be proper resolution for the iPhone 4/4S?

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I believe it is 1040×1526.

This must have been where I saw it.
http://thenextweb.com/apple/2013/08...-ready-to-download-for-your-viewing-pleasure/

I googled the 1040x1526 and "parallax" and came up with that link right away. I am unsure if that's accurate, but it sure sounds good to me. I disabled the feature in beta 2, so I don't use it.

Edit: now I see you mentioned the iPhone 4/4S. So maybe that won't work for you (or me).

jonesie9

macrumors newbie
Aug 18, 2013
If the top of my wallpaper is a light color but not light enough to change the lock screen font from white to black, it darkens the picture so the font stands out better. Is anyone else experiencing this??

cleo1

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2013
There is no 'proper' resolution—use a wallpaper the exact resolution of the screen, or larger, and iOS 7 will still scale it up, blurring the image in the process for a decidedly un-Apple effect. Might as well skip it.

Such a shame, too. Parallax is cool. And OP's logic was sound thinking there should be a minimum resolution at least enough larger than the screen to provide wiggle room. That's absolutely how they should do it.

WJKramer

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 8, 2008
There is no 'proper' resolution—use a wallpaper the exact resolution of the screen, or larger, and iOS 7 will still scale it up, blurring the image in the process for a decidedly un-Apple effect. Might as well skip it.

Such a shame, too. Parallax is cool. And OP's logic was sound thinking there should be a minimum resolution at least enough larger than the screen to provide wiggle room. That's absolutely how they should do it.

So if I turn on Reduce Motion, effectively turning off Parallax, is the wallpaper still scaled?

Eric374

macrumors 6502
Sep 25, 2006
Wichita, Kansas
I'd think the ability to have a scrolling wallpaper would be a heck of a lot better idea, which is why when I jailbroke the first tweak I'd install was coincidentally named "Parrallax" in Cydia to have that ability.

WhackyNinja

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2012
Kissimmee, FL
For me (some) wallpapers that are regular wallpaper size for iPhone 5 move off their place and you see a black corner because the wallpaper itself moves off screen. Its annoying. Idk if it was a beta bug or not but whatever.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.