Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

josiahsill

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2011
Memphis, TN
I'm on an iphone 5 16gb AT&T iOS7 beta 6...am I the only one who can't get to youtube's mobile site. This is all I get.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 132

Virginaustralia

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2013
Theres no point going to it anyway. they updated it now and the buttons are small and you now cant get to your inbox from any mobile device

jeremiah239

macrumors 6502a
Nov 1, 2007
239 Area, FL
Theres no point going to it anyway. they updated it now and the buttons are small and you now cant get to your inbox from any mobile device

I know it's not ideal but you can always type in m.youtube.com/#/inbox and you can access your inbox, what I did was make a bookmark of that page named "YTInbox" so I can check mine easily.

and to answer the OPs question, m.youtube.com works normal on my iPhone 5 and iPad 3 running iOS 7 B6. maybe check your safari settings, wipe your cache and cookies and stuff.

Virginaustralia

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2013
I know it's not ideal but you can always type in m.youtube.com/#/inbox and you can access your inbox, what I did was make a bookmark of that page named "YTInbox" so I can check mine easily.

and to answer the OPs question, m.youtube.com works normal on my iPhone 5 and iPad 3 running iOS 7 B6. maybe check your safari settings, wipe your cache and cookies and stuff.

I use it in a video downloading app and the My Subscriptions page for the home page, i dont think ill wanna go to a different site probably the desktop version will do something

josiahsill

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2011
Memphis, TN
I completely understand that the app is better but I was just curious as to why I couldn't access the site. I cleared everything (cookies,cache,history) in Safari and still nothing. It is however only isolated to safari. Chrome and Mercury (haven't tried others) work just fine. #

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
It's much better to use the app anyways. Trust me, what the mobile site has, the app has. Nothing is different video-wise.
So you can select high quality video in the app like you can (or at least could) on the mobile site?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
While this is true, if you have a jailbreak going on, and have downloaded 3G Unrestrictor, I can choose my quality settings.
Ah so you'd need something else which quite a few don't have (and many who might even want to have can't because of the version of the OS they are using).

So there is a difference (and not really a small/inconsequential for most) after all.

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
Ah so you'd need something else which quite a few don't have (and many who might even want to have can't because of the version of the OS they are using).

So there is a difference (and not really a small/inconsequential for most) after all.

A small yet (too many under a cap) irrelevant feature.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
A small yet (too many under a cap) irrelevant feature.
Perhaps not as small given that it's often one of the first things people talk about whenever there is a YouTube app update.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.