Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple's official Services, Stores, and iCloud status page is reporting that multiple services are experiencing an outage that is affecting "less than 1% of users". Among the services down are iMessage, Photo Stream, and Documents in the Cloud, and according to Apple the services have been out for over eight hours now.

apple_services_outage_82213.jpg
Multiple Services - Less than 1% of users are affected

Users may be unable to use iCloud Documents, Photo Stream, iPhoto Journals, or Backup & Restore. Users may also be unable to send or download attachments in iMessage.
Apple's verious cloud services have experienced occasional downtime, although outages extending for this length of time are fairly unusual. This extended outage does, however, only appear to be affecting a relatively small number of users.

Last month, Apple's Developer Center was completely down for over a week due to a security breach, with Apple taking over three weeks to bring those services fully back online.

Update 9:09AM PDT: Apple claims all services have been restored.

Article Link: Users Experiencing Extended iMessage, iCloud Service Outages [Update: Restored]

bossmanjunior

macrumors regular
Dec 3, 2010
I don't know abou anyone else, but iTunes match was down for me yesterday and uploads are taking 2-3 times as long today.

street.cory

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2009
My brother in North Carolina was completely unable to send or receive iMessages yesterday evening. This explains it.

Kind of frustrating.

NightFox

macrumors 68040
May 10, 2005
Shropshire, UK
Now we're not paying for it any more they can't even give us the free monthly extensions we traditionally seemed to get every year due to outages of iCloud and its parents ;)

dwright1974

macrumors 6502
Aug 13, 2007
UK
Well that's the next year of iCloud subscription paid for again ;)

There's been lots of problems with web services recently - Amazon, Google going down.

-D

arbitter

macrumors regular
Nov 12, 2010
Belgium
Boy I'd be pissed. Especially if the iMessage outage appears to happen frequently to some users. That they are still building out their services is no excuse, if you buy a premium phone you are allowed to expect something as simple as iMessage to work 99.99% of the time.

sik08amg

macrumors regular
Feb 19, 2012
Tampa, FL
Tampa, FL

Having issues sending picture and text in same imessage... Send them separate and it seems to be working. Might be a beta 6 bug though, I'll report it tonight..

Böhme417

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2009
It has definitely been longer than eight hours. Tuesday night, I completely stopped getting read receipts from anyone who had them. Yesterday morning, iMessage service was intermittent, and it was virtually unusable by the afternoon. I've received some iMessages today, but I still get no read receipts. Only once have I gotten a Photo Stream error.

rwilliams

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2009
Raleigh, NC
I had some know-it-all here give me grief a few months ago over complaining about the frequency of iMessage outages and the flakiness of the service. This happens way too often, Apple.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Boy I'd be pissed. Especially if the iMessage outage appears to happen frequently to some users. That they are still building out their services is no excuse, if you buy a premium phone you are allowed to expect something as simple as iMessage to work 99.99% of the time.
I'd be more inclined to be pissed if my info was stored in the Cloud and only the Cloud. iMessages can be replaced by texts, iCloud data is another thing.
My brother in North Carolina was completely unable to send or receive iMessages yesterday evening. This explains it.

Kind of frustrating.

I'm in NC and I too am/was affected. No biggie, I can send texts just fine.

Jim L

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2011
The Piedmont, NC
36 hours for a text?

I'm in NC. I wondered why I didn't get a reply after I sent a message to someone in CA yesterday morning.

I got their reply almost 10pm last night. Almost 36 hours. They're on an iPhone too.

Really piss poor service. Come on Apple. :(

rmwebs

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2007
I'm shocked. :rolleyes:

MacRumors needs a new section - "Is It Up" with just a green or red light. Most of the time it'd be red.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.