Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Japanese website ASCII.JP [Google translation] has posted new photos allegedly showing the highly-rumored gold color configuration for the iPhone 5S, comparing the device's casing to the traditional color options of the iPhone as well as offering a solo photo from the device's rear. The color of the device appears to be in line with previous reports that stated that the device would have a "champagne" color palette as opposed to an ingot gold look.

gold_iphone1.jpg
Over the past few weeks, numerous reports have added to the growing chorus of claims for the color option of Apple's upcoming device, with notable tech journalists such as TechCrunch's MG Siegler indicating from his sources that the iPhone 5S would be offered in a gold color. Following that report, AllThingsD and 9to5Mac also reported that gold would indeed be a new option on the device as well, and this latest leak seems to be consistent with those reports.

gold_iphone2.jpg
Apple will reportedly unveil the next-generation iPhone on September 10, with likely to introduce not only the iPhone 5S but also a lower-cost plastic "iPhone 5C". Both devices are also rumored to launch in the first wave of markets on September 20.

Update: AppAdvice has posted some additional high-quality photos of the rear shell of the upcoming 'champagne' iPhone 5S, this time fully assembled with the pill-shaped dual-LED flash window pictured. The site also has a number of part photos depicting the volume buttons and SIM tray.

5sfront.png

5sback.png

Article Link: High-Quality Photos of 'Champagne' iPhone 5S Rear Shell Surface

medi.freak

macrumors regular
May 26, 2011
somehow better as I pictures it. Way more champagne than gold. Probably more female buyers I'd assume... (I know we had the whole white iPhone=female discussion, and who knows maybe the champagne will appeal to hipsters in a few months as well.. :rolleyes: )

Jayse

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Arguably a far more charismatic and beautiful colour than the atrocious colours on certain competitors phones.

I sense this will be a big seller

TigerMe

macrumors member
Feb 26, 2011
One of them is fake

Look at the font of the word "iPhone" between and white and gold. They aren't the same font. I don't see Apple having different fonts on the back of the phones. I'm sure there is a gold one coming but I'm not convinced that this is it.

cmChimera

macrumors 601
Feb 12, 2010
As i said in the other thread. Some of those shots make it look like a Mac.

----------

Look at the font of the word "iPhone" between and white and gold. They aren't the same font. I don't see Apple having different fonts on the back of the phones. I'm sure there is a gold one coming but I'm not convinced that this is it.

Matches iOS 7.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011

Um, the other two phones are iPhone 5. Font might be have changed for the new models.

Maury

macrumors 6502
Mar 25, 2008
Hmmm

If the color palette is accurate, I'm surprisingly impressed. That color does look rather nice.

HussamRaed

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2011

Considering that the champagne 5S will ship with iOS 7, it's pretty safe to say that the white and the black versions will have the same thin font. The two iPhones in the picture are of the current 5 model.

Last edited:

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
I agree with everyone in this thread. This is way better than the "gold" renders we have seen.

number9

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2004
USA

The white/silver and slate/black phones are current iPhone 5 models, so the difference in font on the back of the phone may be due to Apple switching to something thinner to reflect the change in iOS font weight.

Digital Skunk

macrumors G3
Dec 23, 2006
In my imagination
I might be the only one that considers the Goochi iPhone to look horrible. Its a nice color for a wedding but I don't think it fits with electronics.

Much like the **** brown Zune or puke green.

number9

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2004
USA
I like the look. Certainly not tacky or gaudy like many have interpreted "gold" to be. Definitely a champagne or "white gold" look.

It actually reminds me somewhat of the stainless steel band on the iPhone 4/4S. That has a tone slightly different than the aluminum used in the white iPhone 5.

bretm

macrumors 68000
Apr 12, 2002

Looks exactly the same. It is the same. There is some glossy reflection on the white one because someone has put an ugly glossy protection sticker across the back to uglify their phone, but other than that they look and are the same font.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.