Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iLilana

macrumors 6502a
May 5, 2003
Alberta, Canada
after considering pixar

I don't like admitting this but you get the impression Jobs was the driving force behind innovation. After jobs dies... nothing but sequels.

phoenixsan

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2012
If the late Steve Jobs.....

only receives this only accolade, I will say is worthwhile. A lot of kids and adults enjoy the Pixar movies, the actually done with Mr. Jobs in the helm and the another ones.

Bringing good moments and happyness to the wolrld almost qualify for the highest goal in life.......:D

:):apple:

thekev

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2010
I don't like admitting this but you get the impression Jobs was the driving force behind innovation. After jobs dies... nothing but sequels.

This is nonsense. You don't see how it could have anything to do with being a subsidiary of Disney?

madcran

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2007
Good stuff. The Isaacson biography covered a lot of the Pixar years and Disney dealings. I thought that was the best part of the book, probably because it was the part of Job's life I knew the least about. SJ really came of age as a business man during his Pixar years.

There is also The Pixar Touch: The Making of a Company. I just finished the audio book and it was a great listen. I recommend it if you are interesting in the company. There's an entire chapter on Jobs.

Amazon book

Audible audio book

TMay

macrumors 68000
Dec 24, 2001
Carson City, NV
Just a shame what Disney has turned Pixar into. Disney/Pixar Planes is a flop...:(

Actually, the film comes from direct to DVD group, DisneyToons, and I'm guessing Lasseter is in charge of that unit. Reviews are awful, but kids might like it I suppose. It won't take much to make money, and there is already talk of a sequel.

Then there are the toys.

powers74

macrumors 68000
Aug 18, 2008
At the bend in the river
Whoa

Never knew Jobs wanted Apple to buy Pixar. Always thought that happened after he "left" Apple. Incredible. Just imagine if they had! Who knows, might have been the wrong move, but one way or the other, it all worked out in the end.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.